The Student Room Group

Resits Candidates?

Hello!

I was just wondering what universities mean by resits, is it if you resit one or two modules from AS, or does it mean retaking the whole year?

And does it apply for AS and A2 modules, or just the A2?

I am resitting a couple of modules to bump my overall AS grades a bit, but not retaking the year; does this jeapordise my chances of getting into medical schools which dont accept retake students?

Thanks

M
Reply 1
I believe it means doing your whole A Level in more than 2 years.
So resitting modules for AS is fine, but say after you have your final A2 grade you wish to resit, then you would be classed as a resit candidate. :smile:
bonnie.grant
I believe it means doing your whole A Level in more than 2 years.
So resitting modules for AS is fine, but say after you have your final A2 grade you wish to resit, then you would be classed as a resit candidate. :smile:

I didnt know that lol, I just assumed I wasnt allowed to resit stuff....well...I spose you do learn something new everyday :biggrin:
Reply 3
What Universities don't consider re-sit students?
what about students that re-do the whole AS yr? are they classsed as resit candidates?
Reply 5
Thanks bonnie.grant, thats cleared things up for me, and now I'm not as panicky as before - I thought I only had a few choices of university for medicine, as so few unis accept resit candidates!

I thought it was a bit harsh if it meant resitting a module of two to be honest!

Thanks

:smile:
Reply 6
basiclly if you take anything after the A2 year then you are resitting. Resit modules within the 2 year period is fine.
Reply 7
clearvisionafterdeath
what about students that re-do the whole AS yr? are they classsed as resit candidates?

If they resit AS at the same time as doing A2 then no, not resit candidates, but if you redo whole of AS and then A2 after, i believe that is a resit...

As far as i know (don't just go on my word) many medical schools don't accept resit students. Those that do expect you to have AAA when you apply.
^ I think what you say is very true. I resat due to circs, and the majority of unis have been very helpful and understanding. Although some, still dont like it even with documentation.

Its just a case of checking up before comitting and applying somewhere. Get in contact with the admissions tutors and they will soon tell you, whether they do or not.
Hope this helps x

Latest

Trending

Trending