The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

history..eng lit
Reply 2
Would that be a sutible combination, Bio, chem, r.s. and history?
Reply 3
I know someone who did Biology, Chemistry, History and RE.

She got into uni to do medicine. ;yes;
Reply 4
Any reason why you wouldn't do maths/physics?
Reply 5
Do you know her grades?:rolleyes:
Reply 6
How about one of the foreign languages? They're very respected nowadays!
Reply 7
Unfortunatly I didn't take a GCSE in any MFL:redface:

Because, I love math but i'm **** at it. And, I dont realy enjoy physics:confused:

However, I probably will end up taking one or the other. Physics just seems so intimidating!
Physics is a breeze :wink:
Infact id say i enjoyed physics more than maths, and found it easier.
It's not intimidating, thats just some reminiscent image it has from when it really used to be hard.
Reply 9
Ha, are you some kind of science nerd?:eek:

I dunno if it would intrest me thoe, and i'm poor at maths (B grade - intermediate tier):p:
Reply 10
i found maths a-level better than the GCSE.
Reply 11
:eek: B grade INTERMEDIATE TIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JordanSHowarth
Ha, are you some kind of science nerd?:eek:

I dunno if it would intrest me thoe, and i'm poor at maths (B grade - intermediate tier):p:

:evilb:

Maths would really help though, i beleive logarithms are used in A2 chemistry, a topic covered in AS maths so it would all tie together. The same applies to physics, you actually have less work to do as my physics unit 3 and chemistry unit 3 really overlapped at some points!

Just forget about what you got at GCSE, i took no notice and ended up getting more A's at 'A' level than at GCSE
Reply 13
Its still a B. (better than a C at higher level)If you go and ask, you might be able to do maths, i know some places only let you do it if you did higher, but you might be able to compromise - you retake the higher level, and they let you do maths. If you enjoy maths its worth a shot. (better than doing a subject you don't enjoy as much)
Reply 14
I'm not prepare to take both:frown:

Am I going to fail misserably? I only got B's at GCSE
Reply 15
You might find it difficult, but if you work hard you might get the A's and B's you need for medicine. A good reference and ps when you apply for uni will help a lot.
Yep, and you will have to put that joint out during interviews..
Reply 17
I'm prepared to work, hard! But, there's no point in me being naive, if it's not possible. I may as well give up now.:frown:
Read #13, to reiterate - its very possible.
Reply 19
you've got every chance - so don't give up. Have a back up plan if things don't work out, but if you really want to do it, then go for it!

Latest

Trending

Trending