The Student Room Group

What to drop?

Hoping this is posted in the right place!
For my AS results I got Politics: A, Philosophy & Ethics: A, English Literature: B, French: B. I want to do Politics and Spanish ab initio and uni, so will definately keep Politics and French. However I really hate philosophy and was intending to drop it, thinking I did badly anyway, and I lreally enjoy English.

Do you think it's wise to still drop Philosophy, as I got a high A and would have to resit two modules of English to get an A as I got ABB? Would that make me look abit strange? Then again, would applying to uni with Politics, French and Philosophy be worse as I'd have 3 "soft" subjects?

Any advice welcome please =)
Reply 1
you should do what you enjoy most :smile:
but say if your uni offer was AAA, you need to be certain that you could get an A in english and since you arent planning on doing english at uni, it would be a shame to miss your offer because of that. (not doubting that you could get an A :smile:)
Reply 2
just do the subjects you enjoy!
Reply 3
silver_spider
Hoping this is posted in the right place!
For my AS results I got Politics: A, Philosophy & Ethics: A, English Literature: B, French: B. I want to do Politics and Spanish ab initio and uni, so will definitely keep Politics and French. However I really hate philosophy and was intending to drop it, thinking I did badly anyway, and I lreally enjoy English.

Do you think it's wise to still drop Philosophy, as I got a high A and would have to resit two modules of English to get an A as I got ABB? Would that make me look abit strange? Then again, would applying to uni with Politics, French and Philosophy be worse as I'd have 3 "soft" subjects?

Any advice welcome please =)

French is VERY VERY VERY respected! Unis absolutely LOVE modern foreign languages! Also, politics is not seen as a 'soft' option nor a 'hard' option it's sort of in between, so don't worry about that! Philosophy is a 'soft option' but one soft one won't affect your chances! But i suppose an English Lit A Level would be very desirable for a Spanish and Politics degree. VERY DESIRABLE!
Reply 4
oops sorry I mistyped- I meant two =)
French without a doubt isn't a soft subject, it nearly killed me last year :wink: Still love it though!

Thanks a lot for your advise, I think I will do English as I'd miss it too much.

Latest