The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How are highers marked? Is it the same A B C D E thing as A2s?
Reply 2
Ellie4

yep
Reply 3
Ellie4

A, B, C to pass, and if you get a D that means you just failed. Otherwise, you get No Award.

Last year, just failing a higher would get you an A in Intermediate 2, which is equivalent to an A at GCSE (I think), and just failing an Advanced Higher would get you an A at Higher.
Reply 4
Hellsbells
A, B, C to pass, and if you get a D that means you just failed. Otherwise, you get No Award.

Last year, just failing a higher would get you an A in Intermediate 2, which is equivalent to an A at GCSE (I think), and just failing an Advanced Higher would get you an A at Higher.

Ah ok! Sounds complicated! :smile: Good luck for the 10th!
Reply 5
Ellie4
Ah ok! Sounds complicated! :smile: Good luck for the 10th!

Lol. Thanks - and good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 6
Oh god I'd managed to forget for a while. {cries}
I don't want to get them!

I think unis get them sometime this week, and schools get them Monday afternoon/evening.

I'm so scared now :'(
Reply 7
Acaila

I think unis get them sometime this week, and schools get them Monday afternoon/evening.

{Hugs}
Reply 8
Acaila

Sorry for reminding you :frown:

I thought schools got them the day before, but people have been telling me they get them electronically on Friday... who knows.
Reply 9
Hellsbells

I thought schools got them the day before, but people have been telling me they get them electronically on Friday... who knows.

I remember when my sister got her Highers (6 years ago admitedly) they were delivered to our house, and then she had to call her school to tell them what she got as they didnt get the results till the day after
Reply 10
Coss@ck
I remember when my sister got her Highers (6 years ago admitedly) they were delivered to our house, and then she had to call her school to tell them what she got as they didnt get the results till the day after

They used to publish the exam results alot earlier, I guess they wanted the students to know as soon as possible... though that all changed after they messed up a few years back :rolleyes:
Reply 11
Hellsbells

Oh it's alright. Hopefully when I'm at summer school I'll manage to forget. I don't remember a lot of people worrying there last year. Next Monday's going to be hell on earth though. All my aunts and uncles are asking about me :frown:. I hope I don't have them all calling up next week :frown:
Reply 12
The schools do get them electronically on Friday - but no one's allowed to see them except the office staff and the SMT - the teachers can see them on Tuesday like everyone else.

I got my first exam results envelope opening nightmare last night - I got a C in Maths, which I haven't even studied since S4. Hee hee.

Chin up everyone, you'll be okay.
Reply 13
Am I correct in thinking the English results come out on the 19th? I took STEP exams and will have to phone the school where I did them to find out what my results are.

I couldn't remember what day it was, so if anyone could confirm, I'd be grateful.
Reply 14
I'll have to find something to do with myself this week, or I'll spend all week on the UCAS tracking site. :frown:

You never know, it *might* update...

Edit: Yeah, I think it's the 19th.
Reply 15
Hi there Fyska

My mum is more worried about her students than me! It's not fair :frown:
Reply 16
Fyska
I'll have to find something to do with myself this week, or I'll spend all week on the UCAS tracking site. :frown:

You never know, it *might* update...

Noooo! Resist the temptation! Damn, now you've got me checking it :rolleyes:
Reply 17
Good luck my little Scottish buddies :smile:

You'll be fine :smile:

Don't worry
Reply 18
Red
Good luck my little Scottish buddies :smile:

You'll be fine :smile:

Don't worry

Thanks :smile: Good luck to you too, if you're expecting results.
Reply 19
Good luck everyone. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending