The Student Room Group
Well after doing AS/A2 maths further maths just seems a continuation. :smile:
Reply 2
You can not go from GCSE maths to further maths without first studying AS level maths at least.
Reply 3
Gamaya
You can not go from GCSE maths to further maths without first studying AS level maths at least.

im going to be studying AS maths and AS further maths together, but i havent experienced any kind of A level maths yet, so was just wondering what it's like:smile:
Reply 4
It totally depends on what modules you do, you have pretty limited calculus from GCSE and the later mechanics modules rely heavily on that for some questions.
And thats stuff that you are likely to learn in C3 and C4 ie next year in normal maths, so you need to be careful which modules you take, if you get a choice!!
I didnt get a choice which meant that we had to have a 2 week crash course in all c3+c4 calculus in order to complete M2
Reply 5
I did further maths alongside AS maths from the start. It wasnt easy at first, but if you're decent enough at maths then you'll get into the swing of things. If your school/college have done it before (which i assume they have, since its the done thing now....) then they'll have the experience on how to juggle it all about.

Latest