The Student Room Group

Okay ,seriously, where do you lot get your glasses.

Ok, so like, I need glasses right. And have needed them for quite a while.

But like, every store I go into, Specsavers, Boots Opticians, D&As etc., I find nothing but ridiculous gaudy designer ones with totally non-congruent colour schemes which just look weird and look like something a camp male fashion designer would wear, or there's the million and one pairs of old peoples Aviator style glasses. (seriously, how much goddamn pairs do they need). Yet I see many people walk about with DECENT glasses which don't look like OAPs glasses or spectacles crossed with a stressed paint-mixer.

I very rarely am able to find anything inbetween these two, or if I do, they're rimless or tiny little lenses.

Where on earth does someone find some decent sorta square rimmed slightly-emo glasses these days? x.x;;

Where do you lot go for yours?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got mine from Specsavers. The lighting in there is bad though. I thought they were black and they turned out to be a very dark green. They still look good though :smile: I get a lot of compliments.
Reply 2
I get mine in a local opticians. The chain stores are more likely to have generic "fashionable" ones. Don't underestimate the local smaller shops.
Reply 3
I used Glasses Crafter and bought a gorge pair of Swarovski frames that are purrrrrrfect for just £30 incl. lenses...

Bargain!
:smile:
Boots!
Reply 6
Ahhh. So this is where you all get them. X3

Soliek, would there be any chance of a site which I can upload a photo to, to see how they would look on my face first? >_>
Reply 7
All of my old glasses have been from Specsavers, but I'm trying to find a shop stocking a certain pair of frames by Storm so I can try them on....but it looks like I'm going to have to request them from Glasses Direct :frown:
Conlons Opticians. (I get my contacts from there, but used to get my glasses there too, haven't had a new pair for a while though).
I've actually just got some new frames today from Specsavers. They're the first designer pair I've ever had; really comfortable and quite cool.
Look a bit like this, made by F CUK.
Reply 11
I go to a private opticians and my glasses were bought from their Karen Millen range.
Reply 12
A small local opticians, but I'm planning on getting contacts soon.
Reply 13
I also use a small, local opticians.
Reply 14
I got mine from D&A but I'll probably get my next pair from these guys.
Ikea :biggrin:
Reply 16
Specsavers - cheap when i still get an NHS voucher... :wink:
Reply 17
my best friend just got some seriously cool ones from Asda, honestly!!
Reply 18
I use Specsavers, and I have a cool pair of Ralph Lauren glasses which are worth about £135, I think. However, I'm still in education so it costs me about £30. :biggrin:
Reply 19
Specsavers for me, designer ones cheap is cool :wink:.

Latest

Trending

Trending