The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I was in Leodis from mid05-mid06 and they cleaned nothing! Useless!

The only thing they did was nick all the cool stuff we had nicked ourselves off building sites when drunk (traffic cones, concrete-caked wheelbarrows, long steel girders etc)

Yeah so if you live in Leodis try and keep the cleaners out
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
ahh bodington was AMAZING! Are you self-catered or catered?
I was self and they cleaned our kitchen, shower and toilet once a week.
Catered they clean your room at the end of every term as you have to move all your stuff out.
Reply 3
It depends on your halls, they tend to vary in what they clean in levels:-

1) staircases etc
2) 1 + flat corridor
3) 2 + kitchen bin and/or bathroom floor
4) 3 + vacuum your room

So in some cases they vacuum your room every couple of days and in other cases they only clean the block staircases once a year or so.
Reply 4
whato1986
I was in Leodis from mid05-mid06 and they cleaned nothing! Useless!

The only thing they did was nick all the cool stuff we had nicked ourselves off building sites when drunk (traffic cones, concrete-caked wheelbarrows, long steel girders etc)

Yeah so if you live in Leodis try and keep the cleaners out

indeed and i doubt the cleaners improved since then.. also they would only take the bin bag from the bin.. they would not take any by the side you could only make a certain amount of rubbish.. or you could just put the bin bags in the corridor and then it's under their jurisdiction.. but yes, the cleaners are near useless.
ohh..how about in Carr Mills? any idea?
Reply 6
OMG. So weird. Meggiemoo7272 was my old name and I posted this before I came to Leeds. I'm now almost done my 1st year. Crazy!!!

Just to let you all know, for those who don't, I can now answer my own question!!!!

Bod- clean on a certain day your kitchen, shower, toilet and hoover the corridoor. They DON'T do your washing up or touch your stuff

Other halls I'm not sure about....some clean rooms and some do washing up and some have room inspections. Bodington's more laid back!

Hope this helps :smile:
x x
Reply 7
Henry Price - Take your rubbish bags from the kitchen every weekday and they clean the stairs down (Every day 'I think')

We do have flat inspections every term though (1st and 2nd terms they inspect the kitchena nd the flat corridor, third term they inspect both of those again AND your bedroom/shared shower/ensuite) If you don't pass the first inspection you get a week to "try again" lol If you fail this then the flat has to pay for cleaners to come in (Or so I've been told, not sure of a flat that this has happened to yet) :smile:
missM072
They DON'T do your washing up

Oh my god, really?!?!!1 Next you'll be saying they don't wash my dirty laundry either!! Call themselves 'cleaners'...
Reply 9
I'd go mental if someone cleaned my stuff >_<
At Devonshire the cleaning is brilliant: once a week we get our whole bathroom and kitchen cleaned (including washing up!) and the bedrooms/halls hoovered and all bins emptied. Better than anywhere else I've heard of.

To the person who asked abour Carr Mills - my friend is there and i'm pretty sure they get no cleaning at all. Crap considering they pay £90 a week!
Reply 11
What about cleaning in clarence dock?
Why do I get the feeling that some people expect cleaning to be done for them. Surely the whole point of University is to try and gain some more independance which would mean cleaning stuff once in a while .. :rolleyes:
Reply 13
TheWizard
Why do I get the feeling that some people expect cleaning to be done for them. Surely the whole point of University is to try and gain some more independance which would mean cleaning stuff once in a while .. :rolleyes:

Lol I got that feeling too! I was really shocked when I read some of the posts :smile:
TheWizard

No I didn't expect it at all, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to be pleased with getting it! And by the Carr Mills comment, I just think its pretty bad that they get nothing compared to what I get for £10 less a week.
Lol it wasn't aimed at you personally just a general "vibe" I get when I hear people talking about the topic (Not just on here, I'm relating to "real life" conversations I've heard too :biggrin:)

But I'm not into naming names and pointing people out, so I'll leave it as a general point :smile:
Reply 16
We don't get any cleaning at James Baillie... they occassionally clean the staircases and corridors but nothing past your flat door. Having your bins changed is a luxury you guys, especially when you have flatmates like mine who are incapable of changing it arghh! lol
Well although we have the bins changed at Henry Price each weekday, it isn't enough to cover the amount of rubbish the flat of 9 people uses so we do take it out ourselves if needed.

But yes before I came to University I wouldn't have even dreamt that cleaners would clean certain halls' rooms//kitchens/bathrooms :p:

I was even amazed that they took the rubbish out each day in Henry Price!!
Reply 18
missM072
OMG. So weird. Meggiemoo7272 was my old name and I posted this before I came to Leeds. I'm now almost done my 1st year. Crazy!!!

Just to let you all know, for those who don't, I can now answer my own question!!!!

Bod- clean on a certain day your kitchen, shower, toilet and hoover the corridoor. They DON'T do your washing up or touch your stuff

Other halls I'm not sure about....some clean rooms and some do washing up and some have room inspections. Bodington's more laid back!

Hope this helps :smile:
x x

thanks for answering that,it was helpful
if u can just add something more-how did you then clean your room if they didn't hoover it
i suppose u bought one hoover or u and you flatmates..maybe one of those little ones that u carry in your hand?
do your own cleaning you lazy mutts

Latest