The Student Room Group

My Results. HELP IF YOU CAN!!!! THANK YOU!

OCR French - A - 287/360 - How much am I off an A*?

OCR Spanish - B - 275/360 - An A is 278 i think so about 1 mark off!!! ANNOYING!! Do you think I should get it remarked???

OCR English Literature - 151/200 - An A is 160 - Its not worth getting it remarked is it? But its so close!! :frown:

EDEXCEL Maths - B - Coursework (92/120) Papers (386/480) - 2 UMS marks off an A - 1 mark off an A - Should i get it remarked?? You can see how unlucky I am.. :frown:

EDEXCEL Science - C and C - How do I find out what I got?

EDEXCEL Geography - B - How do i find out what I got?

AQA History - C - How do I find out what I got? And grade boundaries? I really am hoping its close so i can get a B in this... :frown:
Reply 1
I know that an A* for OCR French was 320/360.

Talk to your teachers to find out what marks you got.
Reply 2
With English Literature, it's actually very possible that your mark could jump to 160, but equally likely it would fall, and you get a C instead. Up to you if you want to take the risk :P

You should probably get Maths remarked; after all, 1 mark could easily be gained somewhere due to a tired examiner or something :smile: Don't count on it though, but there's really nothing to lose (Apart from your money).

To find out Edexcel and AQA UMS marks, just ask your school either when you go back, or phone them. They should give you the marks, and possibly even a photocopy of your script, as well as telling you the grade boundaries.
Reply 3
Any other help? Thanks!
jeffs1234
OCR French - A - 287/360 - How much am I off an A*?

OCR Spanish - B - 275/360 - An A is 278 i think so about 1 mark off!!! ANNOYING!! Do you think I should get it remarked???

OCR English Literature - 151/200 - An A is 160 - Its not worth getting it remarked is it? But its so close!! :frown:

EDEXCEL Maths - B - Coursework (92/120) Papers (386/480) - 2 UMS marks off an A - 1 mark off an A - Should i get it remarked?? You can see how unlucky I am.. :frown:

EDEXCEL Science - C and C - How do I find out what I got?

EDEXCEL Geography - B - How do i find out what I got?

AQA History - C - How do I find out what I got? And grade boundaries? I really am hoping its close so i can get a B in this... :frown:

French is 320/360 for A*, you pretty much scraped an A, be thankful.

Spanish, why not, go for it!

Eng Lit, no, don't get it remarked, you may go down (more people go down then up) and it's not that close seeing as UMS marks are scaled and there is very little difference between the grades... e.g. B = 23/30, A = 25/30 A* = 26 or 27/30

Maths: Probably find it hard to get the grade to go up as maths isn't subjective at all. It's either the right or wrong answer... 1+1 can only be 2, if you don't put 2 down, you don't get the marks, but try if you want as you can't go down a grade.

Geo+Sci+Hist, Phone your school or ask your subject teachers when school starts.

Good Luck on any remarks you may be taking!

Latest