King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

Not me!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Got nothing today either...maybe tomorrow?
i havent had anything...
Reply 4
Had mine Tuesday... nothing terribly interesting. Sent the College Regulations booklet again (probably had one with your accommodation pack) and just information on your date/time of enrolment and the enrolment form.
okays what date are we enrolling?
Reply 6
Enrolment for Law is the Wednesday of freshers week if I remember correctly (I don't have the letter to hand) and the time varies according to your surname. Oh, and it's at Waterloo...just across the road to us Stamford St. residents :p:
Reply 7
my registrtation is monday 17th ( My Birthday :mad: ). an first lecture on the 24th
Reply 8
mskz88
my registrtation is monday 17th ( My Birthday :mad: ). an first lecture on the 24th

For law? Oh maybe I was wrong before and it's the Monday then as I think all of the law is the same day :redface:
Hope i get my letter tomorrow...wonder why they didn't send all the letters out together?
Reply 10
Dark and Lovely
Hope i get my letter tomorrow...wonder why they didn't send all the letters out together?

I know, it's weird right? Unless it's something to do with the time you sent the residence agreement back? Cant see why it would be though...
^lol i sent back my residence agreement last weds and got my version of the agreement back on the friday-so thats earliest possible.
Reply 12
Enrollment on the Wednesday.

Thursday there's an induction session at 10 a.m. where timetables will be distributed and also find out our tutors etc.

Friday is Freshers' Fair at Strand Campus (and its at Waterloo Campus on Thurs).

Oh and in the "pack" there's also info on KCL Law Society and also the KCL Bar Society.
ugh still nothing
They emailed me back a little while ago...all the enrolment packs have been sent out now.
Reply 15
Ok so on the covering letter it says you need some form of photographic ID e.g. driving licence and so after a minor freak out when I find my passport to discover it ran out a few months ago, I calm down when I realise my provisional licence falls into this category.

Then, I open the mycampus book and it says that you need a UK Passport or a Full UK Driving Licence. :eek:

My point is though, it only specifys (on the letter from the law school who are the ones actually enrolling us) that you need some form of photgraphic ID and I really cant understand why a provisonal wouldn't be accepted and yet a full licence would as no additional ID info. has to be provided to the DVLA to convert a provisional to full...you just tick a box! And thus, the ID of someone is no more secure through holding a full licence than a provisional!

Sorry for the rant but I am slightly worried...what does everyone else think?
k89g
Ok so on the covering letter it says you need some form of photographic ID e.g. driving licence and so after a minor freak out when I find my passport to discover it ran out a few months ago, I calm down when I realise my provisional licence falls into this category.

Then, I open the mycampus book and it says that you need a UK Passport or a Full UK Driving Licence. :eek:

My point is though, it only specifys (on the letter from the law school who are the ones actually enrolling us) that you need some form of photgraphic ID and I really cant understand why a provisonal wouldn't be accepted and yet a full licence would as no additional ID info. has to be provided to the DVLA to convert a provisional to full...you just tick a box! And thus, the ID of someone is no more secure through holding a full licence than a provisional!

Sorry for the rant but I am slightly worried...what does everyone else think?

I was going to have the same problem...my passport ran out early this month but last friday i went down to the passport office and got the one day service you pay £100 and get a new passport back within 4 hours...cld you do that?
Failing that call up KCL and ask if a provisional and or an expired license will suffice.
Grrr... Annoyed. Still NOTHING! NADA! RIEN! NICHTS!

Ok, I'm slightly hyper (due to just having passed my driving test! :smile: ) - but SERIOUSLY, I am dying to find out all this stuff! Stupid rural post.

Ah... I just read this thread properly. Assuming there IS some sort of correlation between the date you sent off your residence agreement and the date you receive the enrolment info, then it makes a lot of sense that I don't have anything yet. I only sent off my residence pack this morning. :rolleyes:
Reply 18
dancingavocado
Grrr... Annoyed. Still NOTHING! NADA! RIEN! NICHTS!

Ok, I'm slightly hyper (due to just having passed my driving test! :smile: ) - but SERIOUSLY, I am dying to find out all this stuff! Stupid rural post.

Ah... I just read this thread properly. Assuming there IS some sort of correlation between the date you sent off your residence agreement and the date you receive the enrolment info, then it makes a lot of sense that I don't have anything yet. I only sent off my residence pack this morning. :rolleyes:

Sorry, that connection was abolished as I have mine and people who sent their pack back before me don't yet!
Reply 19
Dark and Lovely
I was going to have the same problem...my passport ran out early this month but last friday i went down to the passport office and got the one day service you pay £100 and get a new passport back within 4 hours...cld you do that?
Failing that call up KCL and ask if a provisional and or an expired license will suffice.

I could really do without the additional £100 right now :redface: Everything's starting to pile up!

Thanks for the reply though, i'll look into it!

Latest