The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I didn't have any, nor did anyone i know i don't think...
Reply 2
Ahhh, thanks for that, I thought I would have to have some....fair enough =]
none....
i had one the other week though at uni :frown: unrelated though.
Reply 4
AFAIK unless you're doing something that would put you into contact with infected people (nursing/medicine etc), you probably won't need any :smile:
Reply 5
Before I went to Uni I topped up on MMR, can't remember why though

Maybe it was because it had been 10 or so years since I had the first one.
Reply 6
i read somewhere that we need hepatitis, tetanus booster and mmr booster
Reply 7
my uni told me wht in my freshers pack, along with a table to fill in with the dates for their medical centre
Reply 8
I think I need Meningitas C.
Are you going to a Uni in Scotland?
I've never had a BCG, so I have a feeling I'll be getting that at uni. Did anyone else have to send their uni a list of all their innoculation dates?
Reply 11
It's a good idea to make sure you're up to date with your tetanus jabs, and to get a Meningitis vaccination - most uni's will recommend you get that, especially if you're going to be living in halls. A lot of uni's will suggest that you get an MMR booster too, as mumps is becoming increasingly common. There were five outbreaks of it last year at my uni, and it's no joke when you're older. I think medical and dentistry students tend to have to have more jabs, but they'd get a list.
Reply 12
I hate needles...
Reply 13
I've heard they like you to have an up to date MMR, Meningitis (it spreads like wildfire from what I've heard), and the DPT, the BCG isn't a huge problem as they dont give it at schools anymore.

You have to have a checkup when you register with a GP anyway, so they'd advise as to what jabs you need.
I don't think there are any that I missed or desperatley need but I have a doctors appointment soon to make sure. Docs will know better than us about what you need.
Reply 15
my uni told me I needed to make sure I had 5 x tetanus, 2 x MMR, diptheria, polio and meningitis C before coming.
I rung up my doctor last year to check what ones I needed, I think I had MMR, Polio and tetanus injections. I hate needles but hey, I'd rather be sure I have these things done.
Reply 17
We got told which ones we needed when we joined up for the uni GP practise. Signing up was part of our schedule for freshers week. I didn't need anything though since all my boosters etc. were up to date. Some of my firends got some injections though. You can wait til you get there if you want.
Reply 18
Just make sure that you're up to date - I've only just realised that I need an MMR booster by checking my records.
Reply 19
I'm guessing I'm going to need some.

I had the MMR about 12-15 years ago, a tetanus booster about 9 or 10 years ago, Meningitis C about 6 or 7 years ago and the polio/diptheria thing about 4 or 5 years ago.

No jab would be as bad as the BCG. Thankfully it doesn't need topped up.

Latest

Trending

Trending