The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
lonelyGrace
you can actually apply for the student photocard now online and here's the link:
https://photocard2.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gotoApply.do?type=student&from=home

you need to upload a pic and pay 5 pounds

Hey I did it already. Thanks.
But I thought we had to present ourselves at Imperial and get this paper stamped from them and then take it at a tube station and fill the form out!
aw well, I did it. There's only one thing you need. Your CID number. Everyone must ve been given that number in an e-mail :wink:
Reply 41
zertrudetrout
for all carnivorous imperial students,

:biggrin::cool:
Reply 42
How much for (Kings Cross Thameslink - Bedford to Brighton):

Single - Peak & Off Peak
Return - Peak & Off Peak
Day Travel Card - Peak & Off Peak

?

And what times are off peak?

Thanks!
off peak is after 9:30 mon-fri and weekends i think
Reply 44
Xordan
You can do £30 a week and live quite well. At least, that's what I averaged. Just don't spend what you can't afford to spend. Whatever you do, _don't_ spend on credit cards and get yourself into big debt. You'll be regretting it for a long time after you graduate... longer if you don't graduate.

£30 pounds??? :eek: :eek: That's how much i'm budgeting to spend on entertainment.
Reply 45
For the past 2 years i have spent anything from 60-150 a week, purely depends, each week varies. it's usually above 100.
Reply 46
What about shopping. Ovbs I won't be buying clothes every week, but I will want new things every now and again.
you're in london!

... oxford street! nuff sed :smile:
Hi guys I am doing some cash flow budgeting lately.... Do you reckon the monthly expenses for

food - £ 380
travelling - £65 (I live in a hall where I need to take the tube to college daily)
stationery - £ 10
regular bills (like mobile phone) - £25

are over or under-estimates?

Please do comment a bit because I am having problem estimating...
Reply 49
Babyangel452
you're in london!

... oxford street! nuff sed :smile:

Im more a market shopper really.
food - £ 380

£88 a week for food? What the hell are you planning on eating?

Most (almost all) students spend between £10-40 a week on food.
more adventurous
£88 a week for food? What the hell are you planning on eating?

Most (almost all) students spend between £10-40 a week on food.

OK thanks I would update that estimate... :smile:

Any other wrong/off estimates?
Reply 52
£100 a week in london should be more than enough for everything apart from accommodation
Spencer.Smith
OK thanks I would update that estimate... :smile:

Any other wrong/off estimates?

Your transport estimate is correct if you're going to be living in zone 1-2. Are you? Otherwise you'll have to spend more.

I don't think you'll need to spend 10 pounds a month on stationery.
more adventurous
Your transport estimate is correct if you're going to be living in zone 1-2. Are you? Otherwise you'll have to spend more.

I don't think you'll need to spend 10 pounds a month on stationery.

OK I would cut that for stationery too... Do you know how much do they sell for one stack/booklet of lined-paper (and how many papers are there)? How about those with the college logo (eg KCL) that they possibly sell in school?

Yes I am going to live in Zone 1 (Nottinghill Gate) and should be taking tube to school. I would explore the possibility of taking a bus.
Bus will cost about 10 a week. You could probably even walk on nice days.
I think budgeting 300-400 pounds a week will sort you out completely.
Reply 57
Babyangel452
I think budgeting 300-400 pounds a week will sort you out completely.

and **** u up completely after you graduate. :biggrin:
Reply 58
LoZEr
and **** u up completely after you graduate. :biggrin:

:ditto: £300-£400 a week a waayyy too much!
Lolly-88
:ditto: £300-£400 a week a waayyy too much!

Hey, I spend about 300-350 a month, and I don't exactly live lavishly... so the extra 50 is for those who like brand name food and £8 cocktails!

I guess you can aim for 250, bt you need to realise that this is london, and its expensive...

Latest

Trending

Trending