The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Babyangel452
Hey, I spend about 300-350 a month, and I don't exactly live lavishly... so the extra 50 is for those who like brand name food and £8 cocktails!

I guess you can aim for 250, bt you need to realise that this is london, and its expensive...

U said 300-400 a week! U obviously meant 300-400 a month which i completely agree with =D
LoZEr
U said 300-400 a week! U obviously meant 300-400 a month which i completely agree with =D

Lol, seen!
Reply 62
so how do the living expenses for London unis compare to other large cities? obviously London costs more, but is the difference really that big?
emmaisme
so how do the living expenses for London unis compare to other large cities? obviously London costs more, but is the difference really that big?

not if you usually cook yourself and walk to class
I'm finding things fine cost wise, even going into central London I don't find things particularly expensive. Although, things can get a little out of hand sometimes [I ended up spending £70 last Saturday] just don't go blowing all your money as soon as you get your student loan and you'll be fine! :smile:

I'm surviving well on £50 a week, there are sometimes when I go over, and some when I go under but thats about average for everything I need, or want really :smile:
The most expensive thing about living in London for me is travel costs (oyster top ups). I spend a fortune on travel a week - have been waiting for my oyster student card to come for ages :frown:
Reply 66
silken1987
The most expensive thing about living in London for me is travel costs (oyster top ups). I spend a fortune on travel a week - have been waiting for my oyster student card to come for ages :frown:

Actually don't tell anyone, I've continued to travel on bendy buses for 1 week without oyster check-in, thereby saving me £15. And a secret between me and you ... I think I shall continue doing the same, thereby saving me a fortune on travel. :wink:
Pencil King
Actually don't tell anyone, I've continued to travel on bendy buses for 1 week without oyster check-in, thereby saving me £15. And a secret between me and you ... I think I shall continue doing the same, thereby saving me a fortune on travel. :wink:

Tut tut! Lol - I would do the same but knowing my luck I'd get caught :frown:
Reply 68
LoZEr
£100 a week in london should be more than enough for everything apart from accommodation

I live on way less than that.

£250/month for stuff
£400/month for rent

and that's it.

Latest

Trending

Trending