The Student Room Group

what is peninsula medical school and how is it different

Hi , i just wanted to kno how this medical school differs from the other medical schools in the UK , i have cheked the website and it seems they arent too bothered about the GCSE grades as they only want like 7 passes and the A LEVEL grades ned to add up to bout 370 including an AS.

OR IS IT LIKE THE PRAGUE MEDICAL SCHOOLS WHERE YOU NEED TO PASS A INTERVIEW AND A TEST WHICH COSTS YOU 450 AND EVEN IF YOU DONT DO PHYSICS AT UR SIX FORM YOU STIL HAVE TO TAKE THE TEST

can some one pm me if they have any info cos i dnt want this thread to turn into one of those threads where everyone comes out with different replies

thanks
Reply 1
If you are considering applying to a medical school, you must improve on your grammar.

*sigh*

If you mean the Peninsula medical school, then that is near a land of water and they have the same requirements as any other medical school.
Reply 2
Peninsula is just another med school in the UK. You still graduate with a medical degree and get provisional registration with the GMC.

It has slightly lower academic entry requirements than other med schools though - make of that what you will.

To apply, you have to sit the UKCAT test, which is also needed for most other med schools in the UK.

It is not like the medical school in Prague
Reply 3
:rofl:
Reply 4
It's a medical school, and it isn't.
Fluffy
It's a medical school, and it isn't.

quite, medical school is used rather loosely these days.
Its like calling Pete Burns a 'man'
lol I think Fluffy was answering the original question, saying that it isn't different from other med schools, not that it isn't a med school.
Peninsual is different. Please apply mate. And apply only there. Go for it. It's speshul.
Reply 8
SahilC
Plus their interviews are different to what I've heard about other med. schools (waaay different to the one I had at S'ton) and will require you to have a basic knowledge of medical ethics/info about confidentiality. Thank god I found this out before I had mine otherwise I would have been screwed!
I really enjoyed their interview, in my darker moments I wonder what I would have become there.
Reply 9
Fat, happy and boring? Or Cornish? Either way...
Reply 10
Hmmm, I'm abit confuzzled about it now.:redface:
Reply 11
I would say Penninsula is different in many ways, but different isn't always a bad thing. From what I have heard/read about the interview they are looking for more generally "well rounded" people rather than your typical "15 GCSE's and 8 A Level owning students" - not that there is anything wrong with that type of student!!
I just think they are more open minded in their recruitment approach and training methods.

Different is always good in my book with regards to healthcare - it's the only way we move forward. Why don't you have a look into it some more and go for it! It's in a beautiful place too.

Latest

Trending

Trending