The Student Room Group
There is no university that requires you to have physics. If you have maths and further maths then you are fine and every single university will give you an offer with those if of course you are a good enough candidate. Some universities like you to have physics if you don't have further maths like Cambridge or Imperial but you have Further Maths so you are fine.
Mathemagician. Funny?
There is no university that requires you to have physics. If you have maths and further maths then you are fine and every single university will give you an offer with those if of course you are a good enough candidate. Some universities like you to have physics if you don't have further maths like Cambridge or Imperial but you have Further Maths so you are fine.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I wanted to hear. :smile: I just got a bit worried because one of my friends said something about needing a Science at A2 if you don't have Physics for a Maths-based course, but I think they were just saying that to wind me up.
Reply 3
Good question. I'm in exactly the same position. God I hate AS physics, especially the lame advancing physics course :eek:
Reply 4
Epitomessence
Thanks, that's pretty much what I wanted to hear. :smile: I just got a bit worried because one of my friends said something about needing a Science at A2 if you don't have Physics for a Maths-based course, but I think they were just saying that to wind me up.

Nah it's no problem. A friend of mine did maths, further maths, economics and german at A2 and got into all the top unis like Imperial, Oxford etc. However I believe Imperial have a preference for students who have studied physics.
Reply 5
Ads.
Nah it's no problem. A friend of mine did maths, further maths, economics and german at A2 and got into all the top unis like Imperial, Oxford etc. However I believe Imperial have a preference for students who have studied physics.

Maybe, but they have only said they prefer it if you don't have further maths (which might mean they think it's usefull even with FM).
It doesn't matter, I've changed to Physics in the end anyway. :s-smilie:

Latest