The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Anyone going to Southampton Solent University

Hey peeps just wanted to know is there anyone here that is going to southampton solent university this september . If so what are you studying and also which accomodation you going for ? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiya! :smile: Yeah i'm starting Solent in September! There to study Fashion writing and culture. I have chosen accomodation at either Deanery or Hamwic, but i'm now thinking Hamwic might be better as it looks as though there is more of a community feel to it, being smaller.
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Reply 2
I'm going solent in sept.. Doing Advertising and Media Comms.. Havn't chosen accomodation yet.. Don't mind being where all the havoc is.. Can't Wait to go.. :woo:
Reply 3
Melissa18
Hiya! :smile: Yeah i'm starting Solent in September! There to study Fashion writing and culture. I have chosen accomodation at either Deanery or Hamwic, but i'm now thinking Hamwic might be better as it looks as though there is more of a community feel to it, being smaller.

Hey! I'm doing writing fashion and culture too! Do you know which hall your staying in yet? x
go lucia! im think thats the place to be!
Reply 5
Yep I'm going Solent to do Film Studies! Anyone else going for Film?
Reply 6
hey i am doing film and television studies and starting september 2014
Reply 7
im heading there in september for construction management, i cant say as im too fussed where i stay. the people make it not the place...... wheres all the crazies?!
Reply 8
I'm going to Solent !! To do adventure and extreme sport management!! If anyone's doing that course reply as it be nice too know someone doing the course
Hi guys!
Great to see you all so excited to come! Just thought I'd introduce myself- my name is Felicity, and I'm a second year Media Culture and Production student at Solent. I work for the uni as a student ambassador, which means I'll be able to answer any questions you might have about anything to do with the university!
Also, I lived in halls last year, so can speak from experience if any of you have any questions you'd like me to answer about that :smile: let me know!
Original post by Southampton Solent Uni Student Ambassador
Hi guys!
Great to see you all so excited to come! Just thought I'd introduce myself- my name is Felicity, and I'm a second year Media Culture and Production student at Solent. I work for the uni as a student ambassador, which means I'll be able to answer any questions you might have about anything to do with the university!
Also, I lived in halls last year, so can speak from experience if any of you have any questions you'd like me to answer about that :smile: let me know!

Hey, I'm going to be going into my first year of Media Culture and Production in September. How have you found the course?
Original post by CharlotteRosee
Hey, I'm going to be going into my first year of Media Culture and Production in September. How have you found the course?

Hi! Personally, I find the course really interesting. There's a good balance between practical production and theory- especially in the first year. In the first year you're given training and complete modules in video production, photography, radio and online production- which is great because it gives you a broad range of basic skills that are really helpful! Also, the course staff are very friendly and genuinely care about the students- and you're given quite a lot of freedom with assignments to create/write something that you're actually interested in, which helps.
If you have any other specific questions just let me know :smile:
Is the night life good?? And what halls did you stay in :smile: thanks
Hi guys!
Reply 13
Going there to do illustration, I have put kimber halls as my first choice :tongue:
Yep! Going to study Screenwriting! Hopefully see you all there :biggrin:
Hi! Personally, I find the course really interesting. There's a good balance between practical production and theory- especially in the first year. In the first year you're given training and complete modules in video production, photography, radio and online production- which is great because it gives you a broad range of basic skills that are really helpful! Also, the course staff are very friendly and genuinely care about the students- and you're given quite a lot of freedom with assignments to create/write something that you're actually interested in, which helps.
If you have any other specific questions just let me know :smile:

Sounds good :smile: Yeah I was really interested in the fact they have video production and photography. I'm kind of unsure of radio though, but I've not done that before so I'm up for giving that a go.
Original post by SophieBubbles
Yep! Going to study Screenwriting! Hopefully see you all there :biggrin:

I'm gonna be studying Screenwriting as well! :redface:
Original post by oliverandersonn
i'm gonna be studying screenwriting as well! :redface:

:redface: woohoo! Screenwriting buddy! :d
Original post by SophieBubbles
:redface: woohoo! Screenwriting buddy! :d

Yay! haha, I had this scary thought I'd be the only person doing it for a while. :smile:
Original post by OliverAndersonn
Yay! haha, I had this scary thought I'd be the only person doing it for a while. :smile:

Yea, me too! Lucky we know there's at least 2 of us now though, huh? xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending