The Student Room Group
Reply 1
removed
Literature on its own is more "respected" but English Language is by no means "mickey mouse", so the combined course can only be good. Just take it if you enjoy it. :smile:

thanks, you've helped me answer quite a few of my questions :smile: (in the other threads) really appreciate it:cool:
Reply 2
I would say, do what you enjoy. I can't see why it wouldn't be respected. :smile:
Reply 3
It's just as respected as English Lit if your college/6th form doesn't offer it. I did Language and Literature AS this year and found it enjoyable and got an A :biggrin:

Just take whatever subjects you enjoy and don't worry about it being respected or not
Reply 4
i also did eng lang and lit (aqa) for AS and got a B -with minimal effort

i prefer this combined subject to eng lit by itself personally-do whatever you feel is best

i think its still a respectable subject
Reply 5
If you're a serious student of english, go for the pure lit course. I initially did the dual course and got an A at AS, however I didn't really enjoy it. I then switched to lit this year and have had much more fun as there was an even stronger emphasis on analysis and no 'Text Transformation' module which I loathed.

However the dual course is respected by universities including Oxbridge :smile:

Latest