The Student Room Group

HELP interpreting my AS results - Do they include coursework?

On my sheet, all I see is:
mark/max unit grade
History 1 68/120 D
History 2 68/90 B
History 3 68/90 B
(Lol kinda weird all my history exams got the same mark)
Total: 204/300 which is 6 marks off of a B

Religious studies 1 80/150 D
Religious studies 2 111/150 B
Total: 191/300 which is 19 marks off of a B
(This is Edexcel by the way)

I'm wondering when I'll find out my actual AS grade with coursework included.
Because if I total up my marks out of 300 they're pretty close to getting the B's that I need.

My philosophy coursework (rel. studs.) was 48/50 Top A
My history coursework was 48/60 Boarder line A/B

With my good coursework marks, I'm hoping they'll bring up my overall AS result.. but when will I actually find out? and can someone unofficially tell me if that'll make my grades B's please?

Really want to start applying for uni, I've already got one A, but I need two B's to apply for UCL

Thanks so much!
Coursework usually counts as a Unit so maybe it's already included? Like my Physics coursework was out of 60 marks but on my Edexcel results sheet it said SH3 (which is the name for the Coursework unit) 68/100. The coursework was out of 60 raw marks but 100 UMS marks. Maybe that's what has happened to your coursework. Don't know if this helps :smile:
Your coursework is already included in the AS results. For Edexcel RS, I believe coursework is Unit 2 (the 111/150 probably - it might have been moderated down). If the History was also Edexcel, that's Unit 3, otherwise I don't know, but it'll be one of the 68/90s. It all gets converted to UMS, which is why it's so confusing lol!

xx
Reply 3
Yeh but I did 2 separate exams in Rel.Studs. and 3 in History.. Assumed the 2 and 3 units for them are just my exams.

Really want two B's
Reply 4
Ah ffs, turns out my almost full marks, highest in the class, 'degree standard' piece of coursework got moderated down to a B :s-smilie:
My teacher hasn't gotten all the details back for it yet though, maybe there was a mistake?

Latest