The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Computing 2017 Online Admissions Test - Imperial College

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blehxxx
I'm am international applicant. It's a Skype interview.

Ohhhh good luck!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 61
Original post by macmilin
Ohhhh good luck!

Thank you!:smile:
Reply 62
Can anyone tell me what to expect in the interview?
Has anyone got any decision since the admissions test?
Reply 64
Has anyone got any decision since the admissions test?

not yet.... any idea when it might be?
Reply 65
For those of you who have done the admissions test, did you apply for computer science and maths, or just computer science?

Coz I have a few friends who applied for computer science and maths at imperial, and they did their tests in the last couple of weeks.
But I applied for just computer science, and I got an email today saying I have the admissions test next week.
Original post by Haamoo7
For those of you who have done the admissions test, did you apply for computer science and maths, or just computer science?

Coz I have a few friends who applied for computer science and maths at imperial, and they did their tests in the last couple of weeks.
But I applied for just computer science, and I got an email today saying I have the admissions test next week.

I applied for Computing only
Hey everyone,
I'm an international applicant and just received an email about the online admission test. Would love to know a few things:

1. What topics should i cover to excel in this test? I've heard its math and logic based, but is there a syllabus that i can prepare from? Also, will programming be included in this?
2. Is this the final stage of my application? or will there be an interview afterwards?

Please note that i am in IBDP, and its an ONLINE test.

Thank you,
Reply 68
Original post by jitinder
Hey everyone,
I'm an international applicant and just received an email about the online admission test. Would love to know a few things:

1. What topics should i cover to excel in this test? I've heard its math and logic based, but is there a syllabus that i can prepare from? Also, will programming be included in this?
2. Is this the final stage of my application? or will there be an interview afterwards?

Please note that i am in IBDP, and its an ONLINE test.

Thank you,

1. Hey, I'm also an IB DP candidate who took the test on January 12.
If you are doing fine in IB Math HL, the test should be extremely easy.
There are programming/logic questions, but they require 0 prior preparation.

2. Furthermore, I e-mailed Imperial College regarding the same question and they told me that they would invite me an interview based on how well I do on my test. I know I completely bombed a question so I'm not sure if that'll happen to me...

Have a great day.
Thank you so much for your guidance, i really appreciate it :biggrin:
Hope you make it through :smile: (and so do I :P)
Reply 70
Original post by blehxxx
I'm am international applicant. It's a Skype interview.

hey congratulations :smile:
Could I know how you did for your 12th grade final exams (A-levels/IB/???) ? And how the test went for you?
Reply 71
Original post by spark99
1. Hey, I'm also an IB DP candidate who took the test on January 12.
If you are doing fine in IB Math HL, the test should be extremely easy.
There are programming/logic questions, but they require 0 prior preparation.

2. Furthermore, I e-mailed Imperial College regarding the same question and they told me that they would invite me an interview based on how well I do on my test. I know I completely bombed a question so I'm not sure if that'll happen to me...

Have a great day.

haha I'm in the same boat. I messed up the last question but the rest was fine I think. have you received an interview date yet?
Original post by IBDPkid
haha I'm in the same boat. I messed up the last question but the rest was fine I think. have you received an interview date yet?

Just wondering if you could share notable topics i should be well versed with? I'm guessing calculus?
Reply 73
Original post by jitinder
Just wondering if you could share notable topics i should be well versed with? I'm guessing calculus?

I'm not sure if we all got the same test. I applied for a direct masters in computing (MEng, it was called I think)

Very basic math is needed, you should be fine if you've covered the IB/A-levels equivalent. For the other logic questions, they explain it to you in this preparatory section before the test, so no prior knowledge is required
Reply 74
Is the test in multiple choice type? Many thanks!
Reply 75
Original post by deerfung
Is the test in multiple choice type? Many thanks!

mine was :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by IBDPkid
mine was :smile:

:top::top::top:
Reply 77
Original post by IBDPkid

Nope... have not heard back from them other than the fact that they received my test...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spark99
Nope... have not heard back from them other than the fact that they received my test...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, me too :/
Yes, me too :/

Same the wait is killing me. It's the reason I wake up at 6am in the morning haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending