The Student Room Group

Oxford and UCAS deadlines for international students

I know that the deadline for international applicants wishing to interview at one of the far east centres have to submit their Oxford applications by 20th September, but I've also heard from somewhere in TSR that your UCAS application should be submitted before then? Is this true and why is it necessary?
As far as I know, this is true. Our counsellors have been grilling us to get our UCAS app done as it must be sent before then. Apparently it's because Oxbridge want the UCAS app (including the personal statement you're sending everywhere, and the *official* score predictions) to make the final decision on interviews. The extra Oxford form is just a formality; they still need your entire application to make the decision.

Of course I could be talking a load of crap. This is just what our school counsellors have told us.

Good luck with it all :smile: I'm going through mega-panic spurts and this insanely early date might actually cause me to drop Oxford from my list of schools. (Also the fact that I'm being a bit more realistic about my chances and want to just apply to places I *actually* have a chance at. But if I do drop it I'll just blame the crazy September 20th deadline :smile:)
Reply 2
Yea...my teachers kinda said the opposite..knowing oxford to be oxford, it is very likely that they stick to their own method of application and only read their own form...- - my teacher's making me fix my oxford PS for the 5th time.
Reply 3
talespirit
I know that the deadline for international applicants wishing to interview at one of the far east centres have to submit their Oxford applications by 20th September, but I've also heard from somewhere in TSR that your UCAS application should be submitted before then? Is this true and why is it necessary?

No, it's not true. Did you actually read DtS' reply to your thread in the Oxford forum?:rolleyes:
It's in the admissions FAQ on the Oxford website:

"... interview panels also visit several locations in Asia and North America, to interview for every subject except Medicine and Fine Art. Candidates who can attend an interview in one of these centres should obtain a special Oxford application form and return it by 20 September. The UCAS application should still be submitted by 15 October."

That's straightforward enough, isn't it?
:-o really? I have to link my idiot counsellors to there.

*grr* I'm so angry they put me through this much stress for no reason.

Latest

Trending

Trending