The Student Room Group

UKCAT problem

I read on the UKCAT website that anyone receiving £30 EMA per week does not have to pay for the test if they send out the bursary application form with proof from EMA that you do get £30 per week. So I decided I would do that but I left it until I went back to school because I didn't get a renewal form for EMA so I was going to get one from school but they don't have them so EMA have to send me one which is going to take a week, I then have to fill that in, send it away and then after that I will get a letter back that will prove I get EMA which I will then send away to UKCAT to get the bursary then they will post me back some code thing I have to give in at the test centre so I don't have to pay.

This is all going to take a while and I don't know if it will all be done in time so does anybody know of anything I can do apart from paying? Our school's medicine application deadline is the 14th of september but I don't think they actually send the applications off until the main deadline in October so do you think it is still possible to do the UKCAT after school's deadline?
Reply 1
My college's deadline is also on the 14th! I booked my UKCAT for the 29th sept. I think it will be okay. From what I hear you put a reference number in your UCAS that applies to your specific UKCAT exam....this is just talk among friends, but from what my teachers have told me, you can take the test after that 14th.
Reply 2
actually reading the other threads, it seems that you dont put your UKCAT number on your UCAS...man im confused
the deadline for applying for a bursary to do the ukcat is 1st september 07, if you want todo it for entry in medicne 2008
Reply 4
Balls! I don't want to have to pay all that money, I will phone them and see if they can be persuaded to give me a bursary, it is probably very unlikely but there is no harm in trying.
i faxed mine off yesterday, as i also didn't know the dealine until a friend of mine told me, emailed them my problem and they said i could fax it...

if u've got a fax machine (or try ur nearest interrnet cafe) it's still not too late!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending