The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jim-Jam
Until that little bit of skill there, he'd been crap.

Why he's starting I don't know anyway. Walcott injured or? Downing got MOTM in a 120 minute match on Sunday so he can't start, but Johnson doesn't deserve to, he seems to just want to sit on the bench at City... We have Lennon and Walcott etc waiting to come in who deserve it more, impossible to find form from the bench!

He has been woeful. One of Johnson's main problems, though, is that once he has a great game with Manchester City, he thinks he doesn't need to work hard in the subsequent games, it's unreal, and has been emphasised by Mancini on a couple of occasions. Walcott will change the complexion of the game, as he is an impact substitute, so I don't know why Tommyjw is laughing. Downing though, definitely won't have a say, in my opinion.
England looking good, think this game will be won if Richard and Baines get it right. Need them to go forward, but Robben and co need to be contained.

Parker displaying real quality, looks like a captain. Think Barry could be a bit more dynamic, edit, Milner could provide that. Smalling, Cahill, and Hart have been pretty much faultless.

RVP off, really good news, Hunterlar on, nearly equally as bad?
Reply 7142
Original post by El Ferrari
He has been woeful. One of Johnson's main problems, though, is that once he has a great game with Manchester City, he thinks he doesn't need to work hard in the subsequent games, it's unreal, and has been emphasised by Mancini on a couple of occasions. Walcott will change the complexion of the game, as he is an impact substitute, so I don't know why Tommyjw is laughing. Downing though, definitely won't have a say, in my opinion.

You kidding? Downing can actually cross, and the fact he was on the international stage at the age of about 20 shows he must have been decent, not like Johnson who is 24 and has done nothing. And Walcott can't cross.
Original post by Jim-Jam
You kidding? Downing can actually cross, and the fact he was on the international stage at the age of about 20 shows he must have been decent, not like Johnson who is 24 and has done nothing. And Walcott can't cross.

Erm, what? You're the one who must be joking, right? Downing is one of the poorest crossers of the ball I have ever seen, look at his crosses this season for Liverpool. Just because he's better at crossing than Walcott, doesn't make him a better man to have and doesn't necessarily mean he is a great crossers. Walcott is an impact substitute, no one mentioned crosses...
Original post by doggyfizzel
England looking good, think this game will be won if Richard and Baines get it right. Need them to go forward, but Robben and co need to be contained.

Parker displaying real quality, looks like a captain. Think Barry could be a bit more dynamic, edit, Milner could provide that. Smalling, Cahill, and Hart have been pretty much faultless.

RVP off, really good news, Hunterlar on, nearly equally as bad?

By your last comment, that just shows your ignorance. Huntelaar fits the current system better than van Persie...
Reply 7145
Erm, what? You're the one who must be joking, right? Downing is one of the poorest crossers of the ball I have ever seen, look at his crosses this season for Liverpool. Just because he's better at crossing than Walcott, doesn't make him a better man to have and doesn't necessarily mean he is a great crossers. Walcott is an impact substitute, no one mentioned crosses...

Nooo problem is with Liverpool this season is that there's nobody in the box. Carroll seems awful at getting there as do midfielders making runs.
Agree to disagree then.

2-0. Hope Smalling's alright.
Showing how crap the midfield is, both goals coming from their mistakes.
Really intelligent play from Huntelaar for both goals, England could do with a striker like that. Hope Smalling's ok.
By your last comment, that just shows your ignorance. Huntelaar fits the current system better than van Persie...
Doesn't matter, RVP is the best centre forward in Europe right now, Huntelaar is not in any better form. Also explain to me how he fits the system better considering Holland are set up in nearly the exact formation as Arsenal play, and Schalke play a standard 4-4-2.
Does the England team have a style of play? Have they had a style of play in the last decade?
Doesn't matter, RVP is the best centre forward in Europe right now, Huntelaar is not in any better form. Also explain to me how he fits the system better considering Holland are set up in nearly the exact formation as Arsenal play, and Schalke play a standard 4-4-2.

Yes, van Persie is the better striker, but your ignorance is laughable. You said that brining on Huntelaar was equally as bad, and he's barely been on the field and scored a goal, more efficient than van Perise in the national team. I'm not even going to answer that last bit, deary me...
Yes, van Persie is the better striker, but your ignorance is laughable. You said that brining on Huntelaar was equally as bad, and he's barely been on the field and scored a goal, more efficient than van Perise in the national team. I'm not even going to answer that last bit, deary me...
That had nothing to do with better play that to do with Parker and co moving forward. More efficient, thats why they started and injured Van Perie ahead of him? :rolleyes: No going to answer because you don't have an answer.

Ignorant of what exactly their near identical goal scoring rate for club and country? Enlighten me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7153

Lionel Messi, and don't give me the crap about him not playing center , yes he does.
Original post by facdroit
Lionel Messi, and don't give me the crap about him not playing center , yes he does.
Learn the definition of a centre forward, because playing in the middle up front is not it. Messi plays a false 9, the most famous one in the world, but nice try.
Facepalm at the first line, like what the hell are you talking about.

Identical goal scoring ratio for country? Oh, dear, Huntelaar has a better goal scoring ratio for Holland than van Persie, please look at the facts...
Original post by facdroit

Messi plays as an attacking midfielder/ false number 9. Oh, lol at you.
Reply 7157
Parker has been abysmal in the second half after a good enough first half revolving around English grit.
Original post by Mess.
Parker has been abysmal in the second half after a good enough first half revolving around English grit.

Agree, although he has been England's best player, to be fair to him.
Facepalm at the first line, like what the hell are you talking about.

Identical goal scoring ratio for country? Oh, dear, Huntelaar has a better goal scoring ratio for Holland than van Persie, please look at the facts...
5 in 7 = 0.71 gls per game, 6 in 9 = 0.66 gls per game in 2011. Those are the facts.

You still have failed to give this oh so obvious answer as to how he fit the system better.