The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it has to be passport size...so surely thats like...2 times too big?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Yeah, but I don't actually know what passport size is :p: Also, don't they resize them themselves? Think someone mentioned it somewhere around here.

Oh btw abrp, tomdav wants to see your photo :biggrin:
Reply 3
i can understand girls wanting to see...but tomdav? ooh..i get it...hmm..
Reply 4
I need to lose my uni card, so I can change the picture =)
Reply 5
^ Likewise. I sent in a dead nice one, got the confirmation email etc, but when I got there they were like: "We don't have yours, we're gonna have to take one now." Whattttttttttttttttttttttttt.
Reply 6
They'll resize it. Yeah that will fit.
Notebooksecrets
Ok well I'm just being paranoid, will someone please tell me if my photo will fit the standards etc? And is it an ok size etc? Thanks :tongue:

Also, I officially make this an NUS photo sharing thread haha :biggrin:

When you upload your photo via the web uploader, it will automatically crop and resize your photo and show you what it'll look like on your card before you make the final submission.

For some reason, the size they use is square so your photo probably will be cut off a bit and you'll be left with a blank area on one of the edges. If this is the case, I suggest you upload a large photo with lots of space around the edge of your head so their software will size it correctly.

As for the photo itself, it might be a bit dark/shadowy. You might want to brighten it up in Photoshop or similar?

HTH.
Reply 8
Notebooksecrets
Yeah, but I don't actually know what passport size is :p: Also, don't they resize them themselves? Think someone mentioned it somewhere around here.

Oh btw abrp, tomdav wants to see your photo :biggrin:

oooh harsh, trying to start evil rumours already :p:
Notebooksecrets
Ok well I'm just being paranoid, will someone please tell me if my photo will fit the standards etc? And is it an ok size etc? Thanks :tongue:

Also, I officially make this an NUS photo sharing thread haha :biggrin:

I agree with theArchitect, the photo's too dark. I think there's a set of rules and examples after you sign into the photo upload thing. Just follow those. There's something about white background and not tilting your head :s-smilie:

If you can be bothered, maybe take another pic? Don't know much about photography but a bright place with flash will do the trick.
I did wonder about the shadow, but I decided to send it anyway lol. Guess I'll just have to wait and see!
Reply 11
Notebooksecrets - i have the same top as you lol :smile: sorry just thought i might share that
I would do it again with a flash or bright light. You are also not facing the camera as much as you should be
Reply 13
Am I right to assume that your university student card and NUS card are separate, and that the NUS extra card is separate again? Will this photo be going on all of them, or only the NUS one(s)?
Basically I want to know if I can get a photo I take myself on my student card rather than one they take on registration day.

Thanks. :smile:

EDIT: After doing a bit of research, it's apparent that your union's Student Card is the same as the basic NUS card... but I'm still interested in if I can get a photo I take myself, onto it? I can't find a way to do so on their website.
Agen
Am I right to assume that your university student card and NUS card are separate, and that the NUS extra card is separate again? Will this photo be going on all of them, or only the NUS one(s)?
Basically I want to know if I can get a photo I take myself on my student card rather than one they take on registration day.

Thanks. :smile:

EDIT: After doing a bit of research, it's apparent that your union's Student Card is the same as the basic NUS card... but I'm still interested in if I can get a photo I take myself, onto it? I can't find a way to do so on their website.

This thread is about the Warwick University card which also acts as an NUS card. The photo uploader that was mentioned earlier is on the Warwick website. The photo you upload will go on your uni card (which also acts as the NUS card - there is only 1 card). I'm not sure why this thread has been moved out of the Warwick sub-forum.
If the one you send isnt up to the job theyll take one on the day anyway, so its nothing worth stressing about.
Reply 16
theArchitect
This thread is about the Warwick University card which also acts as an NUS card. The photo uploader that was mentioned earlier is on the Warwick website. The photo you upload will go on your uni card (which also acts as the NUS card - there is only 1 card). I'm not sure why this thread has been moved out of the Warwick sub-forum.

Ah, thanks, it all makes sense now. :smile:
Reply 17
Not sure it matters a whole lot if the uni accepts it or not or if its too dark specifically...whether you are id'able from it is the critical factor.
Ahoy moi lovers- I have spent the last coupla hours trying to format my picture- but it still doesnt fit the black outline perfectly :angry: Dya reckon that'll matter?
Makky_Legend
Ahoy moi lovers- I have spent the last coupla hours trying to format my picture- but it still doesnt fit the black outline perfectly :angry: Dya reckon that'll matter?

They wont care about slight discrepancies.

Latest