The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL applicants for 2018 entry

So I was wondering, is anyone out there in a similar boat to me who is applying to UCL for 2018 entry. This year after my A Levels I plan to do an Access course in Science as I did the wrong A Levels for Applied Medical Sciences and do some volunteering and go on a placement. Or maybe you're in your AS year?

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, but in 2017.

2018 is so far away :moon:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Anyone out there? I know this thread is early but applications can begin in September and UCAS opens their 2018 entry section in June.
I'm applying for 2018, but I'm studying in a US high school and is interested in archaeology.
I want to apply to UCL for 2018, but I am currently in my AS year. I want to apply for Law.
Yeah I'm thinking of applying for planning and real estate in 2018

Posted from TSR Mobile
I will be applying to UCL for 2018 entry.
Reply 7
Yeah I'm thinking about applying to UCL for 2018, however the grades are quite high though
Reply 8
I'm also applying to UCL for 2018 entry. Does anyone know for courses which have a range of offer grades e.g. Social science (AAA-AAB) how they pick which grade they offer you. Will higher grades get higher offers?
Original post by nabrown
I'm also applying to UCL for 2018 entry. Does anyone know for courses which have a range of offer grades e.g. Social science (AAA-AAB) how they pick which grade they offer you. Will higher grades get higher offers?

Usually the following applicants get the lower offer:

1. (Common) - disadvantaged background (eg. State school, lots of improvement and passion, social housing)

2. (Rare) - perfect subject combinations eg. Taking CompSci to do CompSci at Uni (not 'neccessary' but the requirements are often lower with it)
Hi! I am from Romania and I'm also applying to UCL for 2018 entry. It's nice to see other people who are going through the same process. Really hope we'll get to meet at UCL!
Medical Physics applicant :smile: Taking Bio, Double Maths and Physics A Levels.
Biochemistry applicant. Currently in my A2 year doing Biology,
Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics
Looking to study Economics. Just got 95 UMS average at AS maths + fm(c1-100,c2-100,d1-98,s1-93,m1-92,fp1-85) predicted A*/A*/A* what are my. Chances for offer? :smile: studying fm , maths and economics at A2
Hiya, I'm Sophie! I'm applying for Modern Languages (French & Spanish).
Currently studying French, Spanish, History & Biology at A-Level ☺️ Predicted A*A*A*A*
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by sophievh
Hiya, I'm Sophie! I'm applying for Modern Languages (French & Spanish).
Currently studying French, Spanish, History & Biology at A-Level ☺️

I'll be applying for Modern Languages! (French and Italian ab initio)
Original post by Econowizard
Looking to study Economics. Just got 95 UMS average at AS maths + fm(c1-100,c2-100,d1-98,s1-93,m1-92,fp1-85) predicted A*/A*/A* what are my. Chances for offer? :smile: studying fm , maths and economics at A2

Got any tips on how to revise for AS Maths
Original post by iniajayo
Got any tips on how to revise for AS Maths

Start revising from the beginning of the year and revise from the books. Look at all obscure questions and never assume "that wont come up". OCR are now picking the smallest details in the syllabus and making them into big questions.

Oh and dont take any topics for granted. FP1 was my strongest and i was getting 100 ums on all past papers so i didnt do extra book work. Then i got 85 ums my lowest when they caught me out with a peculiar question. So yeh thats my advice and good luck!
Original post by Econowizard
Start revising from the beginning of the year and revise from the books. Look at all obscure questions and never assume "that wont come up". OCR are now picking the smallest details in the syllabus and making them into big questions.

Oh and dont take any topics for granted. FP1 was my strongest and i was getting 100 ums on all past papers so i didnt do extra book work. Then i got 85 ums my lowest when they caught me out with a peculiar question. So yeh thats my advice and good luck!

Thank you so much
Who else is considering to apply and what course? :smile:

Latest