The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Late accomodation?!

Im writing this for my sis, she already did a yr at man met but dropped out of the course towards the end and is now in the process of getting on a new one through clearing, waiting for a phone call to hopefully confirm a place on tuesday. She lived at home the year just gone but is hoping to get into halls this year. Does anyone know if places will be left this late on in halls owned by the uni rather than private, as she'll have to wait for her loan to come through? Or if private is the only option, would they be willing to wait a few weeks for the rent due to having to wait for her loan? I think that she would prefer uni halls but would be glad of anywhere at this stage.

Thanks for any help!
vicki86
Im writing this for my sis, she already did a yr at man met but dropped out of the course towards the end and is now in the process of getting on a new one through clearing, waiting for a phone call to hopefully confirm a place on tuesday. She lived at home the year just gone but is hoping to get into halls this year. Does anyone know if places will be left this late on in halls owned by the uni rather than private, as she'll have to wait for her loan to come through? Or if private is the only option, would they be willing to wait a few weeks for the rent due to having to wait for her loan? I think that she would prefer uni halls but would be glad of anywhere at this stage.

Thanks for any help!

To be very honest, I'm not exactly sure. Most private places are already filled up though. It's up to MMU to give her a room or not. Does she live relatively close to the University? If so she might not actually get a room with MMU. Lots of people who live closeish to the university have had to find private accommodation. Tell her to look about and see whats left.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Most private places want the first semesters rent up front.

Latest

Trending

Trending