The Student Room Group

A Couple questions

hello, my name is alek i moved to the uk in march and am going to do my a levels at dunstable college, i was wondering if anyone has any advice for me, what will i expect, also i have a few questions about the courses im taking, im gonna be taking economics and business as a combined course, maths, english lit, and was thinking either accounting or law, just wanted to know if anyone has any advice or past experiances with this courses or any suggestions please let me know thanks again
Well, to get you started, here's a lovely little guide written by me on how A-levels work.

A-levels are normally a straight extension of GCSE, though since you're not from the UK I don't know what qualifications you've done or what they're like... so I'm not sure what else to tell you. Have a read through that article above, and find your exam board's specification (exam board will usually be AQA, Edexcel or OCR - find their website, go to "qualifications", "GCE", select your subject, and read the syllabus), which should tell you exactly what gets taught for each subject.

If you have any more specific questions, post back.

Latest