The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Depends on what you are intrested in, i think that this is the most important fact. Im not sure how a degree will hold you back depends what it is (e.g If it is english lanuage you could do so many different things however if you took a degree such as medicine theres only a few ways you could look to progres. Think about what you like the most from then you could gain work experience places or volenteering, just to get a taster. Also you could try a joint honours where you are awarded in two subjects. keeping options open.
Reply 2
I think you missunderstood me. I meant how much will the subjects I take in college hold me back from getting a place in a good uni.

Say I want to study medicine or law. And the subjects I took in college are generalised and I only took one subject that relates to that degree. Will that hold me back a lot?
Reply 3
Oh ok, sorry :redface: Well for medicine some degrees have specific entry requirements such as chemestry and biology (for most decent degree courses) whereas law at most universitys does not have any subjects defined.

why what were you thinking about taking?
Reply 4
Your subjects are perfect for law if you wanted to do law. Good unis like oxbridge & all like you to have atlease 1 science subject, & all those subjects are all very respectable, not sure about medicine though they may want 3 science subjects hmm
Reply 5
you've got a good range of academic subjects so I can't see them holding you back. Medicine you would need at least 2 science a-levels (nearly always biology and chemistry) and because of the competition you might need 3. Otherwise your career path is pretty much open to a wide range of possibilities.

Latest

Trending

Trending