The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 1
room info should be given to you roughly around the 12th mate. Should be anyway.

Loan payments are done just after registration when the uni has scanned your application.

With regards to not having any coerce information, there isnt anthing apart from you should have recieved a letter telling you where to meet up with the rest of either your course mates or school in a certain room or lecture theatre. When you are there you will be given loads more info and if you with the rest of the school, you will be devided into your course and on your way to do some team building stuff or something else to get to know people on your course quicker. Should also recieve or see a glimpse of your timetable too.
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
15th? I thought moving in day was the 22nd, or are you moving in a week early?

As Mike has said, you will get the room details for Storthes within a few days of the off and hopefully more than the 24 hours (if that) that some people had.

Again as Mike said, the loan instalments are done when the loan company know you are actually going to be there and you have handed over the green form you will have been sent.

Course info will probably be a pack that tells you where to go and when (computing and engineering courses will be Canalside, almost all courses will be at 9am on the Monday of Freshers Week) and you will get further info there. Depending on your course, you may have a book list or other things too.
Reply 3
:smile: Well thats great.
---
Erm, Can you conferm its the 22nd?... Let me check.
My First Cource meeting: 24 september..

It says on a sheet i receaved from digs "Wecome weekend for Accommodation will be on 15th and 16th of September".

The University Welcome weekend IS on the 22nd... Think ur supposed to move in to Digs on the 15th though.
Reply 4
It wouldnt surprise me if Digs had it wrong, as we all moved in on the 16th last year and they might not have realised the term dates are different this year.
Reply 5
I spoke to digs towards the end of term as i was thinking of living there again this year. they said the move in date is a week earlier this year. So you have a full week of storthes hall before freshers week officially starts! so basically you have two weeks of freshers.
Reply 6
That sounds like fun for the people there. At least the roads will be quieter when I move back down :smile:
Reply 7
Yeah this is a bit weird actualy, a lad from year below me at school is coming to Huddersfield and he said he got a letter from Digs sayings about 15th and 16th.

I don't have bugger all from them about my accom going to Ash... weird.

Meh, ill wait for around the 10th and then ill phone them up.
Reply 8
Joys of having your own house waiting for you to move in whenever you want :smile:
Reply 9
As far as I know, moving in for Storthes and Ashenhurst (wahey!) is the 15-16th. I emailed digs asking that if I needed to, would I be able to move in a day earlier for this training thing I may need to do, which would be the the 14th. They didn't say it was a week later or anything. 15th!
Reply 10
Yeah it's the 15th and 16th this year. One of my friends is moving into the second year flats on the 16th.
Reply 11
10 days OR 250 hours to go
I need go shopping, :frown:

Joys of having your own house waiting for you

Your making me a bit jealous here. But if i was you, id rent the place out extra money.
Then move to student halls, which is cheaper.
-- I believe thats what will happen to my co-owned home in BFD.

Latest

Trending

Trending