The Student Room Group

4 subs at ALEVEL

hi guys,
im thinkin of what subjects to carry on with at A2,

i do geography maths physics businessstudies,

i got low grade in physics and alrite in maths, business and geog were great

so im retakin 2 modules from maths, 2 ftrom physics in january, business and geog no retakes at all
i was wondering whether or not it would be a good idea to carry on with all four subjects as im naturally good at business and geog, but find maths and physics at times abit confusing etc
is it too much pressure to have 4 subjects at A2?
Reply 1
if you find AS confusing A2 isnt any easier :smile:
Reply 2
If you enjoy all subjects you could do it, but you have to work twice as hard. A2 is another step up on the difficulty scale, its going to be hard.

It depends what you want to do post A-level too. If you need physics and maths to get into uni for example.
Maybe start with all four, and drop one if the pressure becomes too great?
Reply 4
Unless you need it for university, I'd drop physics. Doing four subjects doesn't really give you any real advantage over other applicants and if you're finding them difficult, there's no point causing yourself trauma when it really isn't worth it! Also, it will give you more time to concentrate on your resits and your other three subjects.
Reply 5
vixky!
Unless you need it for university, I'd drop physics. Doing four subjects doesn't really give you any real advantage over other applicants and if you're finding them difficult, there's no point causing yourself trauma when it really isn't worth it! Also, it will give you more time to concentrate on your resits and your other three subjects.

:dito: good advice! Universities make offers based on three subjects. Get the best possible grades in only as many subjects as is necessary; save yourself the stress.

Latest