The Student Room Group
Reply 1
depends on how good a reviser you are. i personallly would not want to risk it if i were in your position. if you will be revising every day apart from the work days then maybe yes, go for it but otherwise steer well clear
vv2006
Hey, I;m thinking about applying to some xmas temp jobs, maybe at waterstones and other big stores.

They want you to work on boxing day and new years day and other days throughout the month

I will be having 4 resits in jan alongside 3 A2 exams.

Do you think a temp job will lower my grades?

Well it's up to you. I know someone who worked temp jobs all year and still ended up with AAA. It's up to you how much work you put in.
Reply 3
Hey, I'm still working my Christmas temp job and I started last September, so it's not always all that temporary lol. I'm leaving the end of this month so that I can concentrate on A2; if you're going to juggle a part time job and A-Levels you have to be pretty motivated and able to manage time effectively. If you can do this then go for it but don't take on too much. For 95% of this year, on the weekends I've not even touched my AS work simply because after work I was too tired...
last year i had a temp job at marks and spencers and i was sitting 7 modules in january...

bearing in mind 3 of those were general studies so really it was 4 modules on of which was a resit...

id get the job and start revising as early as mid november that then gives you some slacking off time around xmas...

i ended up get AAACD in march :biggrin:
Reply 5
How many hours are you expected to work on the average XMAS TEMP JOB?
Reply 6
vv2006
How many hours are you expected to work on the average XMAS TEMP JOB?

My contract was for eight hours, four hours on Saturday and another four on Sunday. However, it rarely worked out like this, I'd be working more like 10 till 6 and especially so over the busy Christmas period. It's quite difficult with January exams around the corner but not impossible.
It depends on you, do you think you can handle it? I worked throughout my A levels and still managed to do all my work & revise etc. I'm guessing by making this thread that you really are unsure. Do you really need the money? Which is more important, exam success or money over xmas?:smile:
i was working over last xmas tho id been in my job since september! if you can manage your time well thens its great. I work at HMV and most temp jobs are full time so be careful of what hours they will ask you for. At the end of the day you are only a temp so if you are struggling you can quite easily!!

Good Luck!
Reply 9
according to research done by the university of leicester, for every hour you work over xmas, you'll lose on average 5 UMS marks.

Latest

Trending

Trending