The Student Room Group

GCSE's & University

I got all passes on my GCSE's except for my mathematics and science. Im aware of resitting and im about to undertake my a levels.

My question is, im not fussed about getting into a prestigious university nor am i intending to take a traditional subject (not science anyway).

Many people have said to me, that i'll be fine, just complete my a-levels well, and their are universities and courses that don't require GCSE's in maths and science as standard as long as your a-levels are ok.

Is this true?
it should be ok..but it depends on the course you wish to do. What course you looking to do?
Journalism (i got Two B's in English Lit & Lang)
You need a C in English and Maths.
Science won't matter, since you're not applying for a science course or a prestigious uni, but I think the majority of unis and employers ask for a C in maths or equivalent (equivalent being something like Key Skills level 2 in numeracy, an adult numeracy test, the uni's own admissions test etc) so it would be a good idea to resit that in sixth form/college alongside your A-levels.
Reply 5
Maths might be a problem, lots of universities require at least a C. I wouldn't have thought (although I'm not an expert) that not holding GCSEs in science would be such an issue though.

Latest

Trending

Trending