The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

HELP with Registering Online

Just went onto the Student Center thingmy on the website to register, entered all my details and that, i got to the Financial registration bit, but it says it needs 1 payment now of £1024 or something, but i've not got my loan yet, so i came out of it, got some message about needing a swipe card before i can register to pay my tuition fees. After this it just took me back to the student center main page. Firstly have i completed the academic registration thing, as it didn't say i'd finished or not!? Secondly how do i sort out the financial registration once i've got my loan as the option to register isn't there anymore, do i have to do it when i get to uni???

thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
'Fraid I can't help as there is nowhere to click register on my screen as yet?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
it was just on the student center page, next to where it has your course details it said "registration"...i think
Reply 3
yup its still empty on mine.
Reply 4

thats what it shows on mine atm, i cant change my addresses or anything from my personal information. & im sure it said 'successful' when i confirmed my place beforehand.

is this what everyone's seeing or...? :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Yes that's what I've got - I phoned up registration who put me through to my course people who said that they will try to sort it out for me.
mines completely empty too! i rang them up and they said to just leave it a while and it should sort itself out
Reply 7
I didnt have a registration button either but I kept logging in and it finally appeared.

neverwhere
Just went onto the Student Center thingmy on the website to register, entered all my details and that, i got to the Financial registration bit, but it says it needs 1 payment now of £1024 or something, but i've not got my loan yet, so i came out of it, got some message about needing a swipe card before i can register to pay my tuition fees. After this it just took me back to the student center main page. Firstly have i completed the academic registration thing, as it didn't say i'd finished or not!? Secondly how do i sort out the financial registration once i've got my loan as the option to register isn't there anymore, do i have to do it when i get to uni???

thanks

Hiya,

Ok well i think im in the same situation as you, it just took me back to the student centre webpage but it didnt say registration was finished it had just disappeared and left a menu of things like class search, wish list, add a class etc is this the same for you??
Sar x
This is what I've got as well, same for others?
Reply 9
futuremanc
This is what I've got as well, same for others?

Mine looks like that too :frown:
Argh it's so annoying, just wanna get it over and done with!!

Ah well, will leave it for a bit like they say, hopefully it'll be alright later!
Reply 11
The student center is notorious for being difficult to use. If in doubt leave it a few days and try again, i've just completed mine but as a returning student it's a lot quicker.
Reply 12
mine was a breeze, all my information was up there, what class I was in, etc.
just signed in, the button was there, pressed that, academic, then financial.. all sorted out really.

Signed up for I.T. account as well, so I now have a university of manchester email account, which is great really.

too be honest, I think it's the schools that sort out all the class stuff, so if they've not done it, then it probably means that they're behind too tell the truth.

hope all works out...
Reply 13
yup futuremanc mine is like that too :frown: and when i called them up they made me hold for ages playing some corny music :p: before i hung up.
Reply 14
Little Manc
I didnt have a registration button either but I kept logging in and it finally appeared.

gives me some hope then! just scared ive not been enrolled on the course or whatnot. arghh
Most of the time it'll be contacting your department. I found out that they hadnt processed my unconditional yet until I phoned them! So now I'm officially going, haha. Just phone up your department...chances are you'll have to wait a day or two for the details to be processed, but theres no hurry :biggrin:
Saaa
gives me some hope then! just scared ive not been enrolled on the course or whatnot. arghh

Hey hun
I wouldnt worry about classes or anything like that.. Mine was just blank when id finally done.
Just get all your academic and financial sorted first (my friends can't even get into the student centre bit at the mo!) when it finally appears and you'll be fine and in the same boat as me! x
Saaa

When you get around half way through the academic section it'll have your degree ''eng lit and linguistics'' , I just think the english department seems to be the busiest and havent sorted out things like classes yet.
I have no idea how to register for the IT account though! Must have completely missed that part :confused:
any help??
neverwhere

thanks

I have the same problem. So I phoned the student service centre today (registration kept hanging up on me, I think there's a problem with the line) and was told I have to go there to register in person on the 17th of Sept. It'll be temporary registration as the uni has to sign a form and send it to my bank to show I've started the course and then I'll get my loan (which is a career development one). So in short call the student service centre. :smile:
Reply 19

Latest

Trending

Trending