The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm not an automotive engineering student, however I would strongly suggest you know at least the basic principles before you go, and would maybe go as far as asking why you're doing an automotive course if you don't know the basics of how engines, clutches, suspension and differentials work.

If you do need to learn the basics, there are some very good websites with guides and gifs easily accesible via google.
Reply 2
Well definitely the basic knowledge is required. The thing is that I have two years left of secondary school. And I was curious whether it is better to deepen my knowledge of all those things or maybe I should rather take some additional lessons of Maths and Physics.

Anyway, thanks for the reply
Reply 3
Well you will need the basic knowledge, grades are very important in your application but not everything. You should consider mechanical engineering if you wish to get into the automotive industry. It usually is a more diverse and and respected degree.
Reply 4
Ieva
Well definitely the basic knowledge is required. The thing is that I have two years left of secondary school. And I was curious whether it is better to deepen my knowledge of all those things or maybe I should rather take some additional lessons of Maths and Physics.

Anyway, thanks for the reply

Hey i have done my bachelors in automobile engineering an i'm plannin to do my masters in automotive or motorsport enginering. can u help me out in knowin which university is the best in england an how about the job markets

Latest