The Student Room Group
Reply 1
philosophy of religion? or just philosophy?

i did philosophy of religion. its good. As long as you can be open minded, i'm sure you'll enjoy it. :smile:

foundation
creation
goodness of God
Miracles
Aristotle
Plato

philsophy paper 1 (AS)
Sociology
psychology

(really bad but i cant remember what else we studied. will look it up later)

OH YEAH..... LEARN TO WRITE SUPER FAST! exams are only half an hour!
Reply 2
I did Philosophy of Religion too.

You'll enjoy it:smile:.
Reply 3
I took philo and have just learned its "philosophy of religion"

I took it for the debating / real philosophical issues n stuff like determinism etc, but the title is bugging me - universities dont see this as a glammed up Theology or something do they?
Reply 4
I think they do... the 'Guardian' seem to like Philosophy - http://education.guardian.co.uk/universityguide2008/story/0,,2033687,00.html - and I think, but I can't be certain, that it is actually better than Theology.
The OCR 'philosophy' A level is actually Religious Studies, which has a vast vast number of options you can choose to do units on. Literally, have a butchers at the specification. When schools advertise OCR 'philosophy' or 'philosophy and ethics', what they mean is that you'll be doing Religious Studies, with 2 units on Philosophy of Religion, 2 units on Religious Ethics, 1 unit introducing all the ideas and 1 unit linking ideas found in both Philosophy of Religion and Ethics.

Universities consider it a very very good A level.
Reply 6
Kilgore Trout
The OCR 'philosophy' A level is actually Religious Studies, which has a vast vast number of options you can choose to do units on. Literally, have a butchers at the specification. When schools advertise OCR 'philosophy' or 'philosophy and ethics', what they mean is that you'll be doing Religious Studies, with 2 units on Philosophy of Religion, 2 units on Religious Ethics, 1 unit introducing all the ideas and 1 unit linking ideas found in both Philosophy of Religion and Ethics.

Universities consider it a very very good A level.

Oh, that sounds really good! Thanks. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending