The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Queen Marys London
birmingham... brunel..

...doesnt ucas have this information?
Reply 3
Durham is where I'm starting this year.

I also looked at Brunel, UWE(were really nice & knew what they were talking about), DeMontford(I think is easy to get into).

Brighton was quite high but then I saw it and the lecturer didn't even know about the free public WiFi in Brighton when he came over to casually chat to me about my PDA.
Reply 4
swansea. It's quality.
Reply 5
kings and possibly ucl, they accepted students with bbb grades this year
Kent
Reply 7
Exeter? They were asking for around BBB the other year.
Reply 8
v2006
kings and possibly ucl, they accepted students with bbb grades this year

king's and ucl ask for ABB or AAC plus king's wants a minimum of B in maths and ucl wants a minimum of A in maths... I had 460 UCAS points but I didn't get A in maths so UCL didn't accept me, so they both are pretty serious about their requirments...
Reply 9
I know someone who got into UCL with ABC but I guess he got the A in maths
Reply 10
v2006
I know someone who got into UCL with ABC but I guess he got the A in maths

I guess thats possible if you have A in maths...
Reply 11
You said you had 400 points, is that AAAc?
the simple answer to your question is kent. I go to canterbury college, the associate college of kent uni (which is in canterbury) im doing the btec nat dip and have been (in my first year) to aroundb three work shops there. The main man there is one of the best experts in java in the country, that is no joke! i swear to god, he actually helped develop it! we at canterbury college call him the java father! lol, anways, take a look at some of the software he has created called bluej (www.bluej.org) and greenfoot (www.greenfoot.org) all of these are environemnts created by him and the kent cs department to aid students in learning java. as i said the java father actually helped create java!

on that note i believe kent ot have such a strong cs department, although its not reflected exactly that way in the rankings.

further, kings college i see floats arounbd on many topics in this forum about needing a b at a-level maths, in fact this is 100% wrong. i went to the open day on auhust the 23rd and spoke one on one with the lecturer afterwards. BTEC nat dip is actually considered on a individual basis FACT, however you must get DDD 'and' get a distinction in ALL matsh related modules, this i believe to be very fair, howeveer when compared to kents DMM requirement (which also goes in to clearing in most cases) seems a little harsh. Never the less they are both quality

remeber Kent is good, very good

just to add that http://www.greenfoot.org/about/contributors.html

Michael Kölling = java father lol
Reply 13
v2006
You said you had 400 points, is that AAAc?

I made a mistake I have 460 point. I did BTEC National Diploma Software Engineering and got three Distinctions 360 points plus B in Maths 100 points...
Reply 14
rickilambert
the simple answer to your question is kent. I go to canterbury college, the associate college of kent uni (which is in canterbury) im doing the btec nat dip and have been (in my first year) to aroundb three work shops there. The main man there is one of the best experts in java in the country, that is no joke! i swear to god, he actually helped develop it! we at canterbury college call him the java father! lol, anways, take a look at some of the software he has created called bluej (www.bluej.org) and greenfoot (www.greenfoot.org) all of these are environemnts created by him and the kent cs department to aid students in learning java. as i said the java father actually helped create java!

on that note i believe kent ot have such a strong cs department, although its not reflected exactly that way in the rankings.

further, kings college i see floats arounbd on many topics in this forum about needing a b at a-level maths, in fact this is 100% wrong. i went to the open day on auhust the 23rd and spoke one on one with the lecturer afterwards. BTEC nat dip is actually considered on a individual basis FACT, however you must get DDD 'and' get a distinction in ALL matsh related modules, this i believe to be very fair, howeveer when compared to kents DMM requirement (which also goes in to clearing in most cases) seems a little harsh. Never the less they are both quality

remeber Kent is good, very good

Don't mix things up. For King's If you do BTEC you MAY be accepted without Maths if you got DDD, IF you do A-LEVEL then you have to have Maths at B. The OP is doing A-Leveles so he needs Maths to get into proper CS course.
qlimax
Don't mix things up. For King's If you do BTEC you MAY be accepted without Maths if you got DDD, IF you do A-LEVEL then you have to have Maths at B. The OP is doing A-Leveles so he needs Maths to get into proper CS course.

sorry

Latest

Trending

Trending