The Student Room Group

Adding various grades to UCAS form

Ok, so let me get this straight. I put down all the GCSEs and AS levels i've done so far? How do I know which course they are exactly? for instance on my results it just says "Biology", not "Biology A" etc.

Second thing. The way my school does maths means we've only done 2 modules of it so far, do I simply put pending?

Third thing. My school does a further maths AS over 2 years. This means we've only done one exam so far. Do I just put down pending?

Fourth thing. I'm doing further maths A2 independently. Not done any exams yet. Gonna do a couple in January and one in the summer. Does this need to be pending too?

Finally. With all these maths things pending, won't it just look like i've buggered up a load of tests, instead of not having done them? Should I explain this in my personal statement or elsewhere?
As I understand it:

1. try and get the course name if you can, but I don't think it matters that much

2 and 3. I think it depends on whether the module results have been certificated

4. Yes

5. If you have any great UMS marks, get them put in your reference. A lot of people will have all grades as pending though, so don't worry!

Apologies if there are any mistakes, but that is the situation as I know it.
Reply 2
Hey!

Just to confirm, an awful lot of people will be putting pending! For example, at my school we only have A2s certified so that's at least 25 people with pending and it is the case at many other schools too...it may perhaps be stranger if all your results are completed except the maths but I doubt they will worry too much. Check if the AS are certified first anyway.
Reply 3
Have it explained on your reference about all these pending modules and/or outstanding module marks - don't waste space on your PS.
Reply 4
Excalibur
Have it explained on your reference about all these pending modules and/or outstanding module marks - don't waste space on your PS.

Good idea.

And I'm not worried about all the other people putting pending etc. That doesn't matter,it's the discrepancy between one part of my results and the other.
If it doesn't say on your results slip or statement of entry whether it was biology A, biology B or whatever, ask your teacher, and if they don't know, just put biology. As long as the exam board is right, I don't think it matters. If you've only done 2 maths modules and 1 further maths, you won't have a certified AS grade for either, so everything goes as pending. Further maths A2 goes as pending just like all your other A2s. Ask your referee to explain why all your maths modules are pending.

Latest

Trending

Trending