The Student Room Group

Forced to take a Gap Year...where should I go?

Due to a confusion with the military authorities in my country I did not apply to uni for entry in 2007 and I am now facing a gap year. I really don't know what to do. I wanted to learn a new language but since I have to finance pretty much everything myself I'll have to get a job as well which will be very hard if I don't know the language well enough to begin with. I do not wish to stay in my country for many reasons. I was considering getting a job in the USA but the working visa would take too long. I also looked at the EVS but I think I've missed the deadline. Are there any other programmes I can try? Any ideas will help!
Reply 1
Try out all the gap year sites, lots of them advertise jobs all over the world and it doesn't matter about language abilities for a lot of the jobs, you can learn whilst you're there.
Reply 2
There are loads of deadlines for EVS, every 2 months or so, yoou haven't missed out. Sometimes they will process after the deadline I think as well. I never knew about the deadlines till afterwards. Just ask, can't hurt can it? :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks...much appreciated!

Latest