The Student Room Group
You wont need to have ur hair tied up as an online shopper, u only do tht if u a member of counters. Also, loads of girls on checkout wear make up so I would assume you can too. I think sainsbury's are more concerned with u looking tidy and wearing ur name badge. Tht is my store anyway. Hope tht helps.
Sorry to post again, but i see your from surrey, which store will u be working at?
Reply 3
Hi
thanks for the info!!
Ill be working at a store in London!
Reply 4
hi there, sorry that im using your thread for my question.
I was just wondering how you applied sainsbury's. Through job centre ? Because i went to their costumer help desk and asked for an application form and they said they dont give that. and can you give me some interview or cv tips to get in sainsbury's ? I need a part time job urgently.
You were fobbed off at customer services or served by someone who was new on there. Cos under our desk we have a box of application forms, which on an average saturday, i give out about 4 or 5 and I answer any questions regarding them. If u go into the store on a different day and ask, they should give u form, if they don't, ask to speak to a member of personnel.

Firstly, u don't need a CV, just an application form (which you should have received). If u give in a CV alone they will ask u to complete an application form. If you get an interview, look presentable but not over the top, also be very confident even if your not, I did and got a job and I've been giving more responsibility after only 4 months. Also make it seem as though you would do everything you can for customers, especially if u do the cheese role play. Good Luck in finding a job.
Reply 6
Are we allowed to wear heeled office like shoes/pointy black shoes or does it have to be strictly flat?
Reply 7
You were fobbed off at customer services or served by someone who was new on there. Cos under our desk we have a box of application forms, which on an average saturday, i give out about 4 or 5 and I answer any questions regarding them. If u go into the store on a different day and ask, they should give u form, if they don't, ask to speak to a member of personnel.

Firstly, u don't need a CV, just an application form (which you should have received). If u give in a CV alone they will ask u to complete an application form. If you get an interview, look presentable but not over the top, also be very confident even if your not, I did and got a job and I've been giving more responsibility after only 4 months. Also make it seem as though you would do everything you can for customers, especially if u do the cheese role play. Good Luck in finding a job.

Actually our desk regulaly doesn't get sent any forms up from personnel so we just tell people to bring in a cover letter and CV of which we have hundreds. So they weren't necessarily fobbed off... May be worth trying a different day all the same.
Reply 8
davireland

Thank you so much for the reply. Hmm, i guess i was served by a new person. i hope i did so because i dont want my cover letter and cv to be piled up with 100 of others as andy5788 says. :confused:
Reply 9
It depends entirely on the store. We haven't had any vacancies in quite a while so that's why we have a big pile. I mean they keep them for a reason, they're looked at next time there is a vacancy. All the same, worth asking again a different day and maybe asking if it would be possible to speak to someone from personnel.

Latest

Trending

Trending