The Student Room Group
UCL, Imperial and LSE are good. Kings is not too bad either.
Reply 2
As you are in London, why not look around the universities and decide which one you would suit you the most?
Reply 3
Also, LSE only offers maths courses related to business and economics and the like. If you want to do more pure or sciencey maths, then don't apply there.

I'd say Imperial is the best (I know, bias, but from what I've read in the prospectuses....), followed by UCL and then maybe KCL..
Reply 4
Thanks for the advice
Reply 5
what bout maths at queen marys???
sw33t_sindy
what bout maths at queen marys???

Here is my ranking of universities in London for Maths.
1) Imperial and LSE(Depends what you would like to study.Whether you want more Maths or more Businessy/Economics)
2) UCL(Not too far behind and is a very good university)
3)KCL
4)Queen Marys

If you are capable I would be aiming for Imperial, LSE and UCL if you want to stay in London.
Reply 7
Mathemagician. Funny?
Here is my ranking of universities in London for Maths.
1) Imperial and LSE(Depends what you would like to study.Whether you want more Maths or more Businessy/Economics)
2) UCL(Not too far behind and is a very good university)
3)KCL
4)Queen Marys

If you are capable I would be aiming for Imperial, LSE and UCL if you want to stay in London.
I've studied maths at KCL and Cambridge, and did a computing MSc at QMW. Kings had the best teaching of the lot, and the standard for the courses I did was respectable compared with Cambridge (not as much material covered, but taught in more detail). I found the standard at QMW pretty disappointing; I'm sure part of that was it being computing rather than maths, but my guess is it's a tier below. As I've intimated elsewhere however, I'm sure you can get a very good mathematical education at QMW if you're prepared to work at it. The thing about lecturers at "lower tier" universities is that they're generally delighted when they get good and enthusiastic students.
Reply 8
DFranklin
As I've intimated elsewhere however, I'm sure you can get a very good mathematical education at QMW if you're prepared to work at it. The thing about lecturers at "lower tier" universities is that they're generally delighted when they get good and enthusiastic students.

Definitely. Looking at the staff list, it is clear that they have far more to teach one than anybody could learn in ten years, let alone three!
Reply 9
Imperial will work you very hard ucl will be easier kings is even easier and LSE is super tough to get into :biggrin: hehe so take your pick

Latest