The Student Room Group

Really cannot believe this...

I applied for a course at a uni through UCAS a few months ago, and got a conditional place.

However, I found a better course at another uni through clearing so I decided to apply, as it would be better for me in the long run.

However, the course tutor said I'll need to cancel my application with the first Uni if I want to be enrolled on this course. So I did cancel it.

But I just got an email this norning from one of the other course tutors that my qualifications are too low, so they cant take me in. :mad:

I mean, why do they tell me now! They've made me cancel my application with the first uni too, so I have no idea what to do now. :frown:

I'm gonna be phoning the first uni to ask if theyve cancelled my application yet (sure nope not!) fingers crossed. :frown:

Someone please advise me what to do? Lifes a mess right now
Reply 1
It sounds like you are still in Clearing - ie your UCAS application for this year is still "live". You only hope now is to see whether your original course/uni will take you after all, or whether there is an alternative available - you could start by checking the UCAS Clearing lists, but don't get too excited until you have checked with the unis concerned too as sometimes there is a delay in updating them.
Grrr, that's so out of order! :mad: I mean, surely you had your qualifications when you originally enquired about a place on the course, so if they knew they were too low, why did they tell you to cancel your place at the other uni? I know it's too late now, but you should really have waited until you had a definite place at the new uni before cancelling the old one, or at least got a definite offer in writing from the new uni. If the old uni won't take you back, all you can really do is see if any other unis still have vacancies for your course and apply for one of them.

Latest

Trending

Trending