The Student Room Group

Need help deciding!!!

Ok..am bak with another problem!...:frown:

My A2 year is starting... i had B for Maths, C for physics and U for chemistry at AS....
now I have 2 options...

Either:

1- take Maths, Chemistry, Physics for A2 and resit the low AS modules...
or
2- take Maths, Physics and Further maths (full a level in one year) and resit the AS chemistry module....

i cant decide...there are a few universities that REQUIRE chemistry at A levels...shud i bother doing chemistry just for the sake of getting into that university? (university of toronto)

does getting into a top ranked university really matter???

NOTE: i like maths so further maths shudnt be much of a problem..and these grades were with ZERO WORK so dont bother commenting on why i got such low grades in the first place..i made a terrible mistake and am desperately workin hard now...
Reply 1
If you're only applying to the university of Toronto because you feel that you should, just because it has a high ranking, don't bother. On the other hand, if you desparately want to go there for other reasons, go for it! From the sound of your post, I'd say go for the second option and find another university! Good luck!
Reply 2
Its just coz i think that unis got better ranking than many others...
i personally wud go for the second option too...i think i can do better in that....any more suggestions?
Reply 3
2nd option

and btw i wouldnt bother too much about these rankings, they can be very misleading, your performance at university is obviously more important.
Reply 4
heh thanx man...

but thats the thing, my parents dont want me to go to the UK or canada, unless if its a high rankin university!...thing they dont realise is that they cost sometimes twice as much as a decent university...oh well, just gotta see wut happens!
Reply 5
well here in the UK only universities in London are expensive...cost of living is the biggest expense but anywhere else the costs dont really vary much at all...and there are top (1) ranked universities outside london too :smile:
Reply 6
Yeh..but am an international students...costs of tuition fees are mostly 9000-13000 pounds ive researched...for Aerospace engineering courses ofcourse...

however the uni of hertfordshire is only 6000 pounds! :biggrin:

plus theres the plane ticket, visas, and living costs too :biggrin:
Reply 7
lol o....not fair isnt it..:biggrin:..well good luck with that then

Latest