The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
Email the head of department now - no point waiting until Freshers' week. You will need to be able to show you meet the entrance criteria for whatever you want to change to.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
the entrance requirements for my course and the other 1 is the same, however the grades i got are slightly lower, do u think its still possible? tnx 4 ur help x
it will depend on things like capacity... just out of interest, which courses are they, because we might be able to guage from competitiveness etc.
Reply 4
i want to change to maths and managment from maths and philosophy. shal i email the head of mathematical science and ask if its possible? xx
Reply 5
email the head of department. if you know your tutor already email him/her too and they'll tell you what your chances are etc. do it ASAP.
Reply 6
La Trampa
email the head of department. if you know your tutor already email him/her too and they'll tell you what your chances are etc. do it ASAP.

ive been given a liaison officer because its a joint honour, however i havnt been given his contact details yet. do u think i shud email the maths general equires person, or the maths undergrad admissions person? it has the head of departments email on the website, is that def the right person 2 email? thnx 4 ur help
Reply 7
search for the liaison officer's details on the portal (if you've got your user name sorted) or just search on the notts website. email that person then email the head of department. and cc the general enquiries person as well.
I'd leave the head out of it and just talk to the admissions tutor. They'll pass it on to whoever it needs to go to, as admissions is their job.
Reply 9
giraffehaveabath
I'd leave the head out of it and just talk to the admissions tutor. They'll pass it on to whoever it needs to go to, as admissions is their job.

oops i already emailed him, i feel so embarased:colondollar: hes gona be like y she emailing me 4?!
He'll probably just pass it on to the admissions tutor anyway; I'd imagine that heads of school have better things to be doing than getting involved in simple things like this! Day-to-day stuff is for the front-line staff really.
Reply 11
yayyyyyyyyy the guy said I can change:biggrin: x
Reply 12
Congrats!!
Reply 13
Thankyou!

Latest

Trending

Trending