The Student Room Group

Is the Oxbridge deadline the deadline for all the other unis??

Hi,
Urgent question: I'm aware that the Oxbridge deadline for 2007 is Oct. 15th, so can I just send off my personal statement and UCAS form etc. to an oxbridge uni, and aply for Bristol, Durham etc. later on (as long as it's before the January deadline) or do I have to apply to them all before Oct. 15th???

I was hoping I would have until xmas to decide about my other unis...please help!
:confused:
Reply 1
Nope unfortunately you make a single UCAS application - I.e. you click 'send' and it goes to all the Uni's you want to apply to... apart from mistakes theres no option to change/add uni's at a later date.

Or at least it used to be anyway they've changed so much this year... but im pretty confident it still works like that somehow

But don't worry there's still plenty of time for considering/visiting/open days and all that... just get to work on it, besides I didn't make my final decision till the last minute on my 6 and I was happy with all my choices (most people don't!), so just get looking around for information, and you can allways call and arrange campus tours/speak to tutors and students if you've missed any open days.
Ooooh, someone has high aspirations. We were told we needed to get the oxbridge apps. off in the first week of UCAS starting out. I think it applies to all other unis you're applying to, too - as your UCAS form contains all the info of all the unis you apply for.

I didn't apply to the big 2 though, so I can't be sure :smile:
Is the Oxbridge deadline the deadline for all the other unis??

YES.

you can only make one application per cycle/annum.so u have to include all 4 other universities in the one appplication if u want to be considered for other universities in the forthcoming academic year
Reply 4
ah ok, I better get my skates on :eek: ... thanks for the info. it was very useful. I going to read many prospectuses (prospecti..?) now. :redface:

Cheers
Reply 5
i seem to recall last year we were able to add extra university choices once our application had been sent off...? :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Pippaaa
i seem to recall last year we were able to add extra university choices once our application had been sent off...? :s-smilie:

Yeah, ditto...

I'm pretty sure you can just put down one choice (i.e. Oxford or Cambridge in your case) then add more later until you have 5.

Quote from UCAS website: "If you only apply to one course at one university or college, you pay £5. Our welcome letter will explain how you can add more choices later (if you add further choices, we will ask for a further £10)."
Reply 7
Reverie.
Quote from UCAS website: "If you only apply to one course at one university or college, you pay £5. Our welcome letter will explain how you can add more choices later (if you add further choices, we will ask for a further £10)."

I thought you couldn't - we were told we couldn't at my school anyway :confused:

But evidently thats the right answer!
As said above, you can pay £5 and apply to Oxford/Cambridge before 15th October, then if you want to add any more choices before 15th January, you can pay another £10 and add up to 4 more choices. Some people do this because they're paranoid that unis like Bristol and Durham discriminate against Oxbridge applicants, but obviously it's also a good idea if you're not sure where else you want to apply yet.
Reply 9
our college rule was they preferred you not to. - the other unis have no idea where your applying to (hence they can't really discriminate - you might just apply early, my application was completed in september, and i didn't apply to any of the october deadline courses), and you can't change your ps or anything, so i would just apply for them all at once.

Your best to check with your school/college to see what they allow.

It does sound like a good idea if your not 100% sure where else to go.

Latest

Trending

Trending