The Student Room Group
Reply 1
science journalism?
I'm about to start a chemistry degree, and at first I was really weary about lab jobs. But then I started to think about it. I'm indoors, warm, and in a clean enviroment. All in all it's not that bad, and some of the work is interesting. And I can imagine working with interesting people. I could think of alot more 'worse' jobs.
Reply 3
Oneupthebumdonttellmum
I'm about to start a chemistry degree, and at first I was really weary about lab jobs. But then I started to think about it. I'm indoors, warm, and in a clean enviroment. All in all it's not that bad, and some of the work is interesting. And I can imagine working with interesting people. I could think of alot more 'worse' jobs.

Yeah, however a chemistry degree opens up a whole lot of opportunities. It is a very well respected degree that can lead to a lot of careers; trust me I have looked into it!
Goodkat
Yeah, however a chemistry degree opens up a whole lot of opportunities. It is a very well respected degree that can lead to a lot of careers; trust me I have looked into it!

I know, I'm not particularly interesting in a lab job myself. It's not my cup of tea. One of the main reasons I chose chemistry was it's versatility.
Reply 5
Goodkat

Even the dreaded Thatcher had a Chemistry degree.

I'd repeat the idea that science journalism sounds cool; you would be able to look at different areas of science which you wouldn't be able to do if working on a single lab-based project. It's probably quite competitive, though.

Latest

Trending

Trending