The Student Room Group
Reply 1
put them all on, 4as is good.
Reply 2
If you plan to resit any of your ASs, decline.
An A is awesome.
nitasha.
If you plan to resit any of your ASs, decline.
An A is awesome.

I don't think you have to :confused:
Reply 4
i'm a bit confused! if i know i'm retaking a module do i put the grade i've already got down or put it as pending? so i'd have two module grades and one pending? or would i have to put the overall AS grade down as pending?
You actually don't have a choice once you know whether your AS grades are certificated. or not. If certificated you must put the module grades down on the UCAS form. If not certificated you must put "pending".

Some schools certificate AS grades as a matter of policy, others don't. So you need to find out your school's policy. You can influence the certification by declining the grade yourself, but then it looks as if you have something to hide and the universities may assume you are hiding a D, E or even a U module.

You can still re-sit a module (though it will only make a difference to your final A2 grade), even if the grade is certificated.

With four A grades I'd have thought you would want to make sure you get them onto your UCAS form to give you an edge over the other candidates.
I'd definitely put them down. AAAA is excellent and I'm sure a couple of average (because a C isn't a bad grade) modules won't matter, even if one is in the subject you're applying for. If you don't put your grades down, there's no way unis would think you got AAAA, they'd think you got Bs or worse. But as Good bloke said, it's not actually up to you whether you put your grades down or not because it depends on whether or not they're cashed in. If they're cashed in, put them down. If they're not, put pending and ask your referee to mention them.
Reply 7
From this year you can resit individual modules without the need to decline the overall grade.
Therefore the number of UMS points gained by the resit goes towards your A-level grade.
Reply 8
but what about if someone got an E in lets say chem and didn't want unis to see that, would they decline it?
Reply 9
Hi.

Yeah i got ABBBC at AS level but want to decline the C and maybe the B in Maths as i'm applying for law so need good grades. I'm predicted AAA for A2 but i'm wodering if i should decline the C. Though will it look too fishy if i do?
As fishy as a cod called Mr Halibut in an aquarium. That is the problem with declining the odd one to hide things. It is like waving a big red flag at the university and saying "take a close look at this inconsistency, chaps".
Reply 11
thanks for the advice everyone:smile:
my AS results aren't cashed in at the moment, but my school are going to see about getting them cashed in now, or if they can't they'll be mentioned in the reference.

Latest