The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
things will get better...
Reply 2
Yeah, things will definitely get better. It's all new at the moment and there is loads to think about, by half term you will be fine!
Reply 3
You'll be fine. Things will get much better once you've settled in.
man,

i am in the same position....it seems so hard at first...I defintely feel it....but i guess everyone goes through it, so it'll become normal after a while....
You'll soon adjust!
I've also started at a place where I know virtually nobody, but if it's going to get better then it's going to be pretty good.
Reply 7
Just think of those poor year 11's. All those horrible exams to come! In NINE subjects! Ok, so AS is difficult to get used to at first. But at least you only have to do the subjects you actually like! And you get free lessons! And you get to go down town! I felt this way until I weighed up the pros and cons of year 11 and year 12. I then realised that year 12 is a much better place to be on the whole!
Reply 8
Swyn
Just think of those poor year 11's. All those horrible exams to come! In NINE subjects! Ok, so AS is difficult to get used to at first. But at least you only have to do the subjects you actually like! And you get free lessons! And you get to go down town! I felt this way until I weighed up the pros and cons of year 11 and year 12. I then realised that year 12 is a much better place to be on the whole!

Yh true say ! But as far as i can make some decent friends...i dnt mind how hard the a-levels are because every1 is going to go through the same pain i guess. I feel so uneasy when people who I have said 'hello' to, just ignores me later on. Not that i have done something, but theres always some1 better than me for them. I dnt really blame them. Its hard to make new friends on the very first day. U dnt really knw the inside of those people & also whether u r compatible.

I guess i will have to wait for few days & be patient while making friends. I have noticed BOYS r so fast at making friends...only us girls r so bitchy. Not that i am but most of them that i have met are....

Anyway, thanks every1. I do feel better.
Reply 9
holla_at_ya
man,

i am in the same position....it seems so hard at first...I defintely feel it....but i guess everyone goes through it, so it'll become normal after a while....

Im doing exactly the same subjects..so r u planning on doing full a-levels?? U obviously want to do medicine...may b. Me, too ! Good luck with ur sixth form.
;console;
It's not as bad as you're making it out to be. By the time you'll get round to next year, you'll forget how it felt at the beginning!!! :smile:
You will make friends in no time. And if you love the subjects you are taking and revise in time you have nothing to worry about :wink:
I feel the same about A2's, don't have the issue with freinds obviously but i've only had 3 days of school and already have 4 reasonably large pieces of homework for monday :eek:
Reply 13
AS is a really good year, a2 i think is gonna be rubbish.
i remember..i started alevels at a new school grammer school. I hated every moment. I gave up on them and went back to my old school and finished them off there. I sort of regret it now though as i should have gave the new school some time, but left after being there only 2 days! lol
aww, I'm sure it will get better x x x
AS was manageable for me.. A2 was a nightmare .. a battle from start to finish.. im soo glad im off to pastures new with an enthusiastic outlook at studying the subjects I love the most. No teachers to put me down or insult me or patronise me! It really was hell.. but now I look back at least the hell came and went relatively quickly....I don't think many could comprehend with the situation I ultimately found myself in last year... just good luck.. make the most of it :smile: x
Reply 17
Just let the year unfold, it won't be as crappy as you think.
i dont think year 12s gonna be better for me cos i am still doing 5 subjects and i only have 3 free periods and one is in themiddle of the day so i wont have time to go anywhere. I also HAVE to get all As so its gonna be crap
Reply 19
Well, if you don't want to do 5. Drop one. :p:

Latest