The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

freshers week events

Sunday 16th September

Arrival day! Our team of friendly contacts in their brightly coloured t-shirts will be on hand to give directions, answer questions and carry heavy suitcases up three flights of stairs (they love doing this so please ask them).

One of the most important things to do on Sunday is Buy Tickets for the Rest of the Week! Tickets will be on sale from 10am from our special ticket booth located on the west side of the quad. Not sure how to find the quad? Simply head towards the front of the lecture centre, stand in front of it, then turn 90 degrees to your right. If you still can’t see it, it will be the two windows with a big sign saying tickets above them and a massive queue of people in front of them. Tickets are on sale throughout the rest of the week, but most events tend to be sold out by the end of Sunday.

After you've got tickets, unpacked, met your flatmates and waved goodbye to your parents why not come down to Locos to catch the Arsenal V Tottenham match from 1.30pm, before the free Welcome Disco starts in the academy.

Monday 17th September

Decorate your new room with some tasteful (or tasteless, it's your room after all) posters at our poster sale in the academy from 9am.

The evening starts off with the dress up fun we call the Flirt Pyjama Party. www.live2flirt.co.uk

Tuesday 18th September

It's Market day today in the atrium and the academy. Stock up on fresh local fruit and veg, cheap second hand books and other goodies. Infamous Hypnotist Tony Lee returns for another one of his XXX rated shows, after which Luscious is offering up the best in Soca, Bashment, Hip Hop and Funky House till 2am. Or if you fancy a quieter evening check out our Film Night.

Wednesday 19th September

Arg, it be international talk like a pirate day today me hearties. Thus we be talking in a piratical way for the whole of yonder section. Yah.

The market docks again at the port of academy, for all ye fruit and veg and second hand book needs.

Outside yonder atrium plays host to some piratical game of mini golf from 11 to 5.

For those of ye of a sportin disposition the first batch of Sports Trials and taster sessions will be a happenin today, Yar.

Thar be a battle between some o the fine upstanding members o the champions league in the academy from 7pm, while at the same time in locos there will be the good old locos singalong whar we be teaching ye the fine old sportin songs o Brunel, aharr.

Loco's be offering some deals on grog at piratical prices, after which they be inviting ye to Funk Off, till 2.30 in the morning no less.

Get ready to have ye timbers shaken at the academy with the Mega Venue Cherry Pop! Arg!

Also ye should be checking out the ACS Homecoming Party in the Howell Theatre.

Thursday 20th September

The biggest event of the week is here! Freshers Fayre lasts from 10am till 6.30pm in the sports hall. Open only to Freshers it’s your chance to join clubs and societies, and get loads of freebees to take away.

In the evening why not have a bit of a laugh with Hotspots Comedy, followed by the best in UK vs US Hip Hop.

Friday 21st September

It's RAG Friday! RAG will be organizing a whole raft of events today to raise money for charity, including a dodgeball tournament an a duck race.

Decorate your new room with some tasteful (or tasteless, it's your room after all) posters at our poster sale in the academy from 9am.

There will be a KWIK cricket tournament over on site 3.

The second round of sports trials and taster sessions take place today, so if you missed the first lot make sure you catch these.

The evening sees the biggest academy event this week: The Malibu Soundclash Freshers Finale. Featuring two rooms of music it's a true not to be missed event.

Saturday 22nd September

For all those rollercoaster fans amongst you we have an all day trip to Alton Towers today.

Those of you who prefer a more cerebral computer based method of relaxation can meet up with your fellows and the good folks from BUGS (Brunel University Gaming Society) who will be holding a big LAN party in the academy, giving you the chance to meet new people and frag them.

In the evening be sure to check out WXNW (or West by North West as we call it) for the best Indie and Alternative DJ's.

Sunday 23rd September

The Rollercoaster junket continues today with an all day trip to Thorpe Park. Make sure whatever you get up to over the weekend you are back in the academy by 6pm for the Big Fat Battle of the Halls Quiz, dedicated to see how much you've remembered about Freshers week, and discover which hall wins the coveted hall of fresher’s week award. Finally round off fresher's week with some live music from Ali Love at Hotspots Live

Remember This is just a taste of what’s to come. The new website and more information than you can shake a stick at will be coming soon, so keep your eyes and inboxes peeled…
Reply 1
All looks pretty good, not sure if I'll be doing the theme parks. I like the sound of Funk Off, Im guessing its just a night of old funk music which I am a bit partial to :smile:.

But just one thing in there that Im not sure about...
annie12188
Sunday 16th September
After you've got tickets, unpacked, met your flatmates and waved goodbye to your parents why not come down to Locos to catch the Arsenal V Tottenham match from 1.30pm, before the free Welcome Disco starts in the academy.

Its Tottenham v Arsenal on the 15th so I wouldnt make plans to go watch it on the 16th!
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
lmfao i duno i copied it from ma m8
Reply 3
hi

as a newbie arriving on sunday the 16th September in the morning hours 9-11am, where am i supposed to go on the first day, to my hall or to the reception?

thanks for all replies

madivory
Reply 4
are you living in halls
Reply 5
yeah I'm living in a hall on campus
Reply 6
Go to your hall - depending on which hall you are in there will either be a reception within that halls itself where you can pick up your keys, or in a hall nearby (i.e 1 minute walk away) if you are in one of the halls that doesn't have it's own reception.

If you can't find where to go just ask one of the contacts in the blue t-shirts and they will direct you.
Reply 7
many thanks for that advice.
Reply 8
is there going to be a fresher's ball?
Reply 9
The new look www.brunelstudents.com is now online with loads more info about Freshers Week and life at Brunel.

And it's about time and all....

Latest

Trending

Trending