The Student Room Group

I am in a mess. Need Urgent Help

Hi,
Frist of all I thank everyone for reading this thread. I know I've made numerous posts on this forum as I've been confused. I hope to make a decision soon anyways. Here is my problem. I managed to get a offer from University A through clearing. And like the normal clearing process I sent my clearing passport to the university. I am an international so I got my Clearing couriered so that it reach them quicker and I could get my welcome pack. But then yesterday I got a e-mail from University B saying they are ready accept me. University B was one of the orginal universities I had applied to but I had declined them but I had sent them a e-mail in early August as my grades were already out asking them if they would consinder me. I never heard back from them and my course wasnt in clearing and so I gave up any hope. My yesterday I got a e-mail saying that they are ready to accept and have told UCAS to issue a AS12 letter. And I like oh crap. I have already sent my clearing passport to University A. So as you can see I am completely lost. I don't even want to go to university anymore. Someone help me get out of this mess.
Phone up whichever universities you're not interested in going to, and ask to be allowed to withdraw / be released. An AS12 doesn't mean you definitely have to go, it's final confirmation for you that you have a definite place. You can always just phone them up and tell them you can no longer go and ask them to release you.

Why the hell did you send your clearing passport off if you don't want to go to uni at all? :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Hmm.... Well I did want to go to University A as University B didnt have any places in clearing. I had sent a e-mail in July. I never got a reply back so I assumed they didnt care as they were full also I had declined their offer earlier in the normal UCAS application cycle so honestly I wasn't expecting a offer from University B or I wud've never sent my application away. I was thinking is it possible to withdraw completely from UCAS this year and re apply next year. I feel I am too much in a mess. I have been confused since July since I got rejected from my Firm and just want to take a year off and re apply with a straight head.
Reply 3
just withdraw from ucas if you don't want to go this year.
If you don't want to go to university A, phone them and ask them to release you. If you don't want to go to university at all, send back your AS12 slip saying you're withdrawing from UCAS for this year.

Latest

Trending

Trending