The Student Room Group

How to go about filling UCAS

Hi, after receiving my grades:

Law - A (A, A)
Maths - D (C, C, E) High C's and High E
Computing - D (B, D, E) High B, D and E

Universities I'm trying to apply for requires me to have:

ABB, ABC, BBB, BBC, CCC

Tried to set my goal bit realistically, since i've been hearing people drop a grade in A2. I've made payment on resit for January 2008 for couple maths and computing modules which i can different do better. But how do i go about putting my AS grades down on my UCAS form? Surely i can put them down right, considering I'm continuing with A2 of those courses. Problem is, on results day, we received unofficial documents atm.. and we'll have it somewhat Oct/Nov. So may I've mistakely declined my grades?

URGENT :frown: [[ Or shouldn't i made a resit payment? If so, not 2 l8 to cancel my resit payment, right? Deadline September 13th but i wouldn't know if our exam officer done the process already, surely refundable as well? ]]
Reply 1
Anyone able to help me? Also the course in university I'm after is anything related to Accountant. Thanks!
Reply 2
Any unit your resitting, you have declined the grades in that subject.

It would be better to put the grade as pending on your UCAS form than the actual grade (D) especially for unis which want higher requirements.
Reply 3
~Kirsty~
Any unit your resitting, you have declined the grades in that subject.

It would be better to put the grade as pending on your UCAS form than the actual grade (D) especially for unis which want higher requirements.

Ok, if i leave it pending. Surely my law grade won't be enough to satisfy them. Since I'm doing 3 courses. Would that mean i have to put down predictions made by my form teacher on the courses? My statement needs to be done b4 early Oct.

For me, the early the better, not sure how competitive places are for accountant, especially the high requirements universities.
Reply 4
1. Personal Statement - make sure this is great, get it reviewed in confidence in the ask a ps helper forum: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=134
2. reference section - discuss with your tutor they will make your grades look
good. You won't be the only applicant decling grades, i think your less likely to get an offer if you put down ADD, than A and pending for the others. Your predictions appear with the tutors reference, so just put pending in the qualifications part of the form, your tutor will make sure you have predictions down.
Reply 5
~Kirsty~
1. Personal Statement - make sure this is great, get it reviewed in confidence in the ask a ps helper forum: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=134
2. reference section - discuss with your tutor they will make your grades look
good. You won't be the only applicant decling grades, i think your less likely to get an offer if you put down ADD, than A and pending for the others. Your predictions appear with the tutors reference, so just put pending in the qualifications part of the form, your tutor will make sure you have predictions down.

Sounds gr8 :smile: Thank you very much Kirsty! Much appreciated
Everyone gets unofficial documents on results day, ie the results slips, because everyone gets certificates in October/November. That has nothing to do with whether or not your grades were cashed in. If your results slip says, for example, maths 175/300 D and then has your module marks underneath it, your grade has been cashed in. If all it says is, for example, unit 1 58/90 unit 2 59/90 unit 3 58/120, your grade hasn't been cashed in. If your grades are cashed in, you have to put them on your UCAS form unless you decline them, which you should see your exams officer about. If they're not cashed in, you can't put them down and you have to put pending.
Reply 7
kellywood_5
Everyone gets unofficial documents on results day, ie the results slips, because everyone gets certificates in October/November. That has nothing to do with whether or not your grades were cashed in. If your results slip says, for example, maths 175/300 D and then has your module marks underneath it, your grade has been cashed in. If all it says is, for example, unit 1 58/90 unit 2 59/90 unit 3 58/120, your grade hasn't been cashed in. If your grades are cashed in, you have to put them on your UCAS form unless you decline them, which you should see your exams officer about. If they're not cashed in, you can't put them down and you have to put pending.

Ok, gr8. Makes clear to me now :smile: So i guess my AS grades haven't been cashed in. Gonna have to see the exam officer at my college so she doesn't decline my grade because I've paid for resits in jan just to boost my mark overall at the end and im also continuing them all at A2. Think she might of misunderstood. sighs lol.

Thanks kellywood_5! :smile:
Reply 8
I'm confused - to do resits you decline the grade surely? I think your better to put pending than a D though, and have a good prediction.
Reply 9
~Kirsty~
I'm confused - to do resits you decline the grade surely? I think your better to put pending than a D though, and have a good prediction.

Heres the letter i got from college over the summer holidays just before i got my results.

1) If you wish to improve your AS grade in a subject that you are not continuing with to A2, you can do so by disaggregating your AS and resiting one or more modules. Your best modules will then be re-aggregated and you will be awarded a new (hopefully better) AS grade and you cannot refer to it on your UCAS form as a qualification you have already obtained.

2) If you are continuing with a subject at A2, your AS grade will stand and you should include it as a qualification when completing your UCAS application. However if you feel you can improve on your performance in one or more AS modules you can do so by resiting. This can not change your AS grade but can enhance your final A level grade because your best marks (AS and A2) will be aggregated up for the A level.

I'm after the 2nd option, think the exam officer misunderstood me and thought the 1st option. Going to have to urgently check this out first thing when i get back to college.

True, for my predicated grade for Maths is a B, but my other course which I'm worried: Computing, my teacher expects the least out of the students in the class. I think i would most likely get a predicted grade an D..or maybe E. who knows. Which would ruin my offers but I'm capable of a B at least!
Reply 10
Well our college just did it differently - everything like the first option, so that you get a better AS and A2 grade.
Reply 11
~Kirsty~
Well our college just did it differently - everything like the first option, so that you get a better AS and A2 grade.

:smile: I feel like 1st option pulls more offers if its better AS than 2nd option but still same standard procedure with adding all the marks 2gether i guess :smile:

I just hope the exam officer doesn't think i'm doing the first option or its panic! lol :eek: :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending