Results are out! Find what you Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

lost the paper part of my license! am i doomed???

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
  1. Offline

    as the title says-ive lost the paper bit of my license- ive got the card and a passport but my theory is on wednesday and my test might be in two there anyway i can do it without the paper part?? if not how can i get a new one? do i have to reapply for the whole provisional license again?? this is so depressing......

  2. Offline

    I'm not sure, but I lost my photocard provisional 2 weeks ago and applied for a new set at £22. It got to me (they send you both parts, paper and new photocard) and it got to me pretty quick (say 5 days I think?). You have to send back any original duplicates you have once you get the new ones though. So you'd have to send back your old photocard.

    Apply here for a new one :
  3. Offline

    Theres no way you'll get a replacement by Wednesday, phone your DSA monday morning and ask if you can do it without the paper part

    If not, you'll have to cancel it (if you can) and re-arrange it
  4. Offline

    You won't get it by Wednesday. the fastest way is to 'lose' the other part as well and apply for a replacement.
  5. Offline

    well i lost my paper part (found it later) just before my theory and they lt me take it you just have to sign a form and thats it
  6. Offline

    Yeah the Paper part of the licence is pointless for the Theory IMO. They just have a quick look at it to see if it matches the details on the Prov. Card.
  7. Offline

    thanks so much!-im gonna give them a ring tomorrow but it seems fairly positive either way. must admit was getting a bit stressed-now i just have to cope with a room that looks like its been hit by a hurricane from my manic searching!
    thanks again xx
  8. Offline

    If you have to apply for a replacement, you may as well "lose" the card part and get both parts at the same time. Therefore you'll have a spare photocard if you ever need one.

    I applied for a new one a couple of days ago as I actually have lost both parts of the old one over the last few months. :rolleyes:
  9. Offline

    My bf wasn't allowed to take his theory without his paper license... This was in July.


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 10, 2007
2015 general election
New on TSR

Win a postgrad place

Scholarship worth over £9,000 up for grabs

Article updates
  • 0 new posts
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.