The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I take my clothes in those vacuum storage bags, to save space, and my stuff still only just fits in the car!
Reply 41
:redface:
x_muso_x
My sister's already at uni so my mum's got the same system for me - we get a load of plastic boxes, fold up my clothes and put them in and then label them 'jumpers'/'underwear' etc. Seems like logical system to me.. :smile:

woah.... impressive! far too organised for me! All my clothes are now sitting in 3 big black plastic bags on my bedroom floor... I can feel a lot of ironing headed my way!
I've filled one of those big wheelie trolley suitcases already just with towels, jumpers and concert dress (I'm a music student + part time pit musician)!! I've not even started on t-shirts, going out stuff, jeans, underwear etc...bloody hell how am I going to fit everything in the car!
Steph!
:redface:

woah.... impressive! far too organised for me! All my clothes are now sitting in 3 big black plastic bags on my bedroom floor... I can feel a lot of ironing headed my way!

lol! yeah i've packed all mine in suitcases but none of its ironed, i'm going to be permantly attached to an ironing board :eek:

also, country_bumpkin do you know what the storage space in halls at surrey is like because looking at my stuff i'm a bit worried :s-smilie:
TooMuchTime
Oh god what am i going to do with my shoes???? haven't thought about that!!! :s-smilie: really should start packing...

Well considering I'm coming from Northern Ireland, I really do need someway of taking my shoes with me :p:
Reply 45
1 suitcase FILLED with 3/4 of my wardrobe and 6 pairs of shoes and 6 DVDs. remember clothes hangers guys!!!
Reply 46
kimble
1 suitcase FILLED with 3/4 of my wardrobe and 6 pairs of shoes and 6 DVDs. remember clothes hangers guys!!!

eurgh. hangers are horrible to pack.
At the moment I have everything that lives on hangers, hung up outside of my wardrobes ready to just put into the car, then hang up. Then I have 2 big bags full of clothes which live in my cupboards usually, which will have to go somewhere, not entirely sure where at the moment!

Then I have a 3 storey drawer thing which has my underwear, socks, belts and pashminas stored nicely away, will just lift that into the car and then out the other end.

I have so much stuff it's unbelievable...
Reply 48
haha... I have a bag especially for scarves.... it's worryingly big!
Reply 49
I'm just packing clothes and a few electronics and banging them into a suitcase and a grip bag, then jumping onto an airplane!

Can buy whatever I need when I get there. I'm not taking plates pots and pans from home that arent mine.
Reply 50
am i taking too much
all together
i have got 1 suit case and 4 big boxes of other stuff:eek: :confused:
Shivi
am i taking too much
all together

Ok so far i have... 1 (very) big suitcase, 1 weekend bag (with scarves, belts and bags in), 4 big boxes, several cardboard boxes with things like my tv, my laptop, my saucepans, my plates/bowls, my lamp etc, and a bin bag full of bedding...

Omg theres no way i can fit this much stuff in one tiny room!! HELP :s-smilie:
Reply 52
Haha I am going to take enough clothes for 2 weeks and then come back home to get more if I need them considering I like 15 minutes (taking underground) away from SouthKen
I have soooooo many tshirts and trainers!
Reply 54
i'm going to see if i can get my hands on some of those blue ikea bags with the handles to put my stuff in; i may need a few (hundred) to fit all my stuff in!
Shivi
am i taking too much
all together

you're not though, because the 4 big boxes of stuff will be unpacked and be around your room, this is the way I look at it.
Reply 56
Two big bright yellow suitcases :p:
Half in a giant suitcase and the other half will get black sacks and label them all... seriously needing to be organised or i might go crazy when i get there.
Reply 58
I took my clothes in big green plastic garden bags (they are thicker so you can put more in). And larger items or kitchen stuff I packed in big holdalls with some clothes packed aroudn the side to protect them...
I always took a suitcase with my clothes in. I found that it wasn't just for clothes either, I put picture frames and other such things in between the clothes so they were padded out and I had fewer cardboard boxes to carry up and down stairs. If you're room, or house, is large enough then there will be somewhere to keep your suitcase, but if you live in a hall of residence room you're limited on space - so best to let the parents take the bulk of your bags back with them.

Latest

Trending

Trending